ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If I wanted an engine conversion, who do i call??

ITB'd MK1
whats this you speak of danny?

i saw an auto electrician in the petrol station yesterday who had adverts for motorsport race looms plastered on the back of his van, nabbed a business card and may well be calling him in the future.

meant an Omex race loom really, as using standalone was mentioned. The only way we will do an engine conversion TBH.

The renault cylinder head is certainly not better than the cosworth designed GM/vaux head. With the basis that the cylinder head IS your engine........the renault is not a much better engine.....I'd go as far so say it isnt even on par.

Net problem is valve area and port geometry.........unless you have deep deep deep pockets and are prepared to re-engineer the entire casting, then you wont come close.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
think ure engine might have a few problems a std 1.8 16v shell with a f7r shouldnt have a problem with 172s 182s as they will make more bhp\tonne. but yours is stripped, as martin said shouldnt have any problems pulling away, unless its got a problem, maybe get it put on the rollers, have a look at the AFR. then go from there.

i would put a set of catcam 2225s in there,pulleys and a remap with a nice exhaust and decat should see u to a realistic 170bhp,149lbs\ft @ RS tuning more at other rollers.
same spec as my engine, currently runing 13.7s @ 100mph weighs 850kgs tho.... and that hands any 172\182\v6\megane its arse to it.

or if you have 3 grand to spend go to craig @ APD for ITB conversion. then will be making some seriosue power and tourque!

f7r FTW!!

1.2 16valve sport
instead of trying to cover up the problem by fitting more aftermarket parts, from the feedback ive read it sounds like theres something wrong with your engine.
I always thought the willy engine and the 172 were roughly the same powerwise.

So instead of spending 2000 on a 172 engine, why dont you spend that getting yours looked at sorted + some after market parts to make it quicker then the 172 would have been?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ, this is a blast from the past!

A bit late now, the 172 engine is in!