ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideas for Next Meet

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've raised this thread to see if people have any ideas for the next meet

It can be anything, anywhere in West Midlands...but (and I will advise this), I'm not going to organise it specifically for 1 person as did this before and that person pulled out! :dead:

Get your ideas out then...and see what happens :)

RS 182 CUP
trust you to think of that giggles!

1) paintballing
2) go-karting
3) rolling road (maybe at aldon automotive?)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Rolling road would be a good one!

Also like the back row action part ;) haha

100% attending the next meet

RS 182 CUP
think theres 1 local to me, not a member on here though, and mines the only one with the stripes i think.

are there any other local rolling roads? (besides aldon near merry hill)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
They are a bunch of cowboys that dont know what they're doing. I attended the FocusRS owners club RR meet at aldon as I live in Stourbridge and peoples power figures varied widly!!!

My 172 aparently made 128bhp... LOL

If you're doing RRday then go to TDF. Proper job.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
so wheres TDF?

Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire...

No RR is 100% accurate to be fair. There are so many factors that come into the equation its unreal...rollers (equipment), driver (bloke running the test), tyres (condition and pressure), and other stuff to throw into the equation. Also, with RR's no one will ever be happy. The place we used to use up here sold their rollers on, but the place that bought them isn't big enough or have the parking space for a RR day.

We will also need some numbers and deposits for a RR day...and with one having just been done, we may struggle to get the interest from people due to this.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I fancy karting, if I'm honest. :)

We can do a drive out somewhere (people offer ideas of locations) I know Shropshire and surrounding areas, but somewhere with something to do while there and ideally some landscapes/views/settings for pictures of vehicles.

Alton Towers (but will be busy)???

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
cor do alton cuz of missus bein preggas!

Good point Rob, I forgot.

would do that depending on price and location of course

This is a post I put in our FCS thread:-

Go Karting a place reasonably local is canon raceway in Coseley Wolverhampton...been there a few times, but you need numbers to get price down.

http://www.cannonraceway.co.uk/

Best place is in Warrington http://www.speedkarting.co.uk/ (look at their video...3 levels!)

If people fancy it...we can look into organising it, but it will need (once we have numbers) £10 deposit per person to secure the date and time we want...with the remaining balance per person to be paid on the day.

When we last did it there back a couple of years ago...there was about 40 people and we managed to get it down (its 5 people free if the numbers are over 30), so we just deducted the total cost of the 5 freebies from the total and split the total so everyone paid the same amount (why should 1 person have the free drive over someone else?) It is good, but will need some organising if it was to go ahead.

Price is around £40 per person, but the more people we have, the cheaper it is as X number of people go free dependant on how many people are paying...so it would work out cheaper per person as the money saved would be reduced from total (so 5 people at say £30 each would be £150 {5*30} reduction from total divided by number of drivers to equal new price)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Good point Rob, I forgot.

This is a post I put in our FCS thread:-

Price is around £40 per person, but the more people we have, the cheaper it is as X number of people go free dependant on how many people are paying...so it would work out cheaper per person as the money saved would be reduced from total (so 5 people at say £30 each would be £150 {5*30} reduction from total divided by number of drivers to equal new price)

So would it be a endurance/team event or a grand prix event?

pricing seems pretty good though

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So would it be a endurance/team event or a grand prix event?

pricing seems pretty good though

We've done grand prix as Coseley and years ago did a 90 minute endurance in teams of 2 (so 3*15 minute sessions)...I nearly wrapped car round tree on way home as forgot kart tyres were much more stickier than Contis!

The GP would be best, but it all depends on numbers...if we get enough people, we can have it as a closed event...if not, it becomes an 'open' event where randoms can enter from the street, but 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies would go to people in our group, not the randoms.

RS 182 CUP
sounds good, but its just the cost, and is there a wooden spoon for coming last (bound to be me!)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
sounds good, but its just the cost, and is there a wooden spoon for coming last (bound to be me!)

Thats the thing...but their prices have stayed around the same...especially with the increase in fuel costs...its surprising.

Don't forget though, some carry more natural ballast than others ;)

Could do a forfeit for dead last!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
We've done grand prix as Coseley and years ago did a 90 minute endurance in teams of 2 (so 3*15 minute sessions)...I nearly wrapped car round tree on way home as forgot kart tyres were much more stickier than Contis!

The GP would be best, but it all depends on numbers...if we get enough people, we can have it as a closed event...if not, it becomes an 'open' event where randoms can enter from the street, but 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies would go to people in our group, not the randoms.

sounds good to me, suppose if we did the one in manchester we could invite the northerners to make up the numbers but the coseley is a better location for the region.

RS 182 CUP
just need some names and a rough date. theres nowhere near there thats decent for takin pics i dont think though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
sounds good to me, suppose if we did the one in manchester we could invite the northerners to make up the numbers but the coseley is a better location for the region.

The one in Warrington looks immense from the video, but its like a 75 mile (ish) trip each way, then karting...so could be a long journey for some (plus around ½ tank of fuel to and from Warrington), if people fancy doing Warrington, I can see if Naith fancies putting NorthBest and BestMidlands together for a big meet...but then its more tricky for a date...and I would probably suggest August as July is CS Saturday, so will be costing silly money in that month.

just need some names and a rough date. theres nowhere near there thats decent for takin pics i dont think though.

It all depends on what people want to do. We've just had FCS and Jude's had issues with his car...we've got CS Saturday at end of July, so it might be August if its gonna be costing a few quid.

1.2 y0!
hmmm dont think i could afford £40 for karting but would deffo come down after, is anyone going becketts this weekend though just to put it out there?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
hmmm dont think i could afford £40 for karting but would deffo come down after

If we get the people in...it would be cheaper. So if people bring friends along etc. the price comes down.

I would be asking for £10 deposit from everyone for their place...so it would be cheaper (so to speak on the day) as only the remainder would need to be paid in order to get racing. :race:

is anyone going becketts this weekend though just to put it out there?

Becketts????

PB172
I'm easy.... ;)
But in all seriousness... I'm dead easy...

Karting sounds good but don't bet on me abiding by the rules. I skip lights and take shortcuts haha.