ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg ph1 oem +

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Bought this immaculate ph1 last month from r - sports cars, 70k, 3 owners, totally standard

0fa8e938.jpg

b9659223.jpg

79c4852a.jpg

3dda38c1.jpg

Flew to London from Edinburgh to collect it and drove it home and it performed perfectly, feeling very strong indeed

Few days ago the standard exhaust snapped in two so I decided on a stainless replacement which I sourced on here, really happy with it, nice and quiet which is what I wanted

214351ef.jpg

Also fitted a new rear hanger at the same time

Today I bought these

fdfb74b8.jpg

fdfb74b8.jpg

9450cec8.jpg

4fc9a4f8.jpg

Matched inlets by Neil roper purchased of Michael Woodward

I also managed to get one of these

3f5ae43a.jpg

Polybushed dogbone mount

Then I bought these, Goodridge brake hoses

d367c832.jpg

I have also bought some eibach sportlines to sharpen up the handling

7be90662.jpg

979a306c.jpg

I have a rather lovely retrimmed wheel to be fitted from mikey off this forum
3e499e8a.jpg

f997d97e.jpg

Thats about it for now, plans are to keep it mint and standard looking but with some nice upgrades.

Ideally I'd like some catcam 438's, maybe ktec's new induction kit and a remap to suit.

Short term plans, stop buying parts off here! Lol and just enjoy it.

Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Like your plans!

car looks very oem - big tick from me!

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Love that! Makes me want to get rid of the ph2 for one!

Keep us updated

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cheers guys. No more pics at present will need to take some. Last week I finally got round to getting the eibachs fitted, really transform the handling plus looks better with a subtle drop. Also got the tracking done as it was pulling slightly to the left but it's spot on now. Goodridge hoses are on and brakes bled, the retrimmed wheel is also on, feels and looks great :cool: Had swr in Stirling do all the work and also had them put some nice fresh oil in it and the filter changed too. Still got to get the matched inlets fitted and may get a ktec induction kit but undecided yet. May be too loud for me. In the meantime I fitted a pipercross panel filter in the airbox.
Have to say loving the car, these little changes have really improved the driving experience, and I also treated her to a coat of auto obsession wax, the water just beads off her now.
Thinking of getting a smaller front plate too from fancy plates.
Will get some pics up ASAP. Cheers, Jamie.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
little update, car passed its mot yesterday, required a new windscreen washer pump which i had fitted prior to the mot. had advisories on 3 of the tyres, perished. they are cracking on the sidewalls, one of the tyres is a michelin pilot sx which i believe is the original fitment and the others are michelin pilot exaltos. anyway i will be ordering 4 new michelin pilot exaltos in the near future to rectify that.

other mods so far are colour coded door handles and ph2 side strips, ill get pics up of these for opinions, but i like them.

oh and i also treated it to a ktec induction kit in black, makes a lovely noise and seems to have made improvement at the top end of the rev range so im happy with that.

still to get the matched inlets i bought some time ago fitted but was too busy worrying about the mot and potential costs so decided to leave them for the time being but its on my to do list.

would like some catcams 438's and a remap, anthracite 2118's would be nice, and some kw coilovers, supercharger conversion.........

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
imo I like the look of this car standard, its rare to see one not tinkered with so if the mods mount up be good to see the ability to put it back to standard and fresh worked in as well :)

other than that, cracking car and some nice ideas thrown at it, looking forward to some more pics of it :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah iv kept the original door handles and side strips so visually could return to standard easy enough, and also got the orginal springs, airbox etc etc so everything could go back on if i wanted to sell it completely standard. might be in a position to buy something newer and more family friendly (bigger) next march so ill see what i decide to do with it then. always wanted something old school as a weekend toy such as a 205 gti or old ford or maybe just keep this as a toy.

Arctic 182FF
Looks mint, good find! Good plans too, have you considered ph2 rear lights and/or ph2 172 rear bumper? Or even a cup spoiler?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
keeping the standard rear lights and rear bumper, dont want to mess with it too much visually just liked the colour coded touches. yes iv considered a cup spoiler but very rare to find in iceberg silver.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
keeping the standard rear lights and rear bumper, dont want to mess with it too much visually just liked the colour coded touches. yes iv considered a cup spoiler but very rare to find in iceberg silver.

I came across mine quite easily. You could always have one painted though

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Quick pic of the colour coded handles and side strips. Looking at getting a cup spoiler from autocrash and possibly also removing the rear wiper and getting a cc smoothed blank from him too. Car passed its mot last month with advisories on all 4 tyres being perished on the walls so getting 4 new ones thinking rainsports 2's as so cheap and get good reviews

a18c0915d417fb96b1b1f2deeb06683b.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol. Cheers. Got a few things I'd like to do still, whiteline arb, cup shocks etc but I'm getting there slowly.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks lovely, and good plans. Chris (autocrash) did my trophy spoiler and did a great job, so you're in safe hands for the spoiler on that front. I can also vouch for the 438's :)

I love it, looks amazingly clean and OEM, which is the only way to go in my books. Good work.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cheers, yeah been looking a more and more pics of ph1 with the cup spoiler and it definately looks better than the smaller standard one. looked into the rainsports and im looking at circa 165 delivered from camskill then another 40 to fit and for another £30 i could get michelin exaltos fitted from blackcircles so going to get the michelins. pretty sure thats what they were fitted with from new as well and i know they are great tyres.

Absolutely love it mate :cool: Great mods so far.

Iceberg ph1s look mint they suit the colour so well, I'd defo keep the OEM look even keep the silver wheels.

Heres my old iceberg on trophy turinis tho incase you fancy a wheel change

57.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cheers mate. yours looked great on the turinis, would have to be those, 16" oz f1s if i could find any, or anthracite 2118's if i was to change the wheels. the standard ones have been refurb'd are are mint but 16" oz's would be awesome.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
No pics but today it had 4 new Michelin pilot exaltos fitted and I also fitted some new bosche wipers so that's the 2 mot advisories sorted. I also fitted some ph2 interior door handles that I bought off a guy on here who was breaking his ph2 172. Pics to follow

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Very nice. Quickly order some white or black side repeaters! :)

And what brand exhaust is it? I had a Ktec stealth fitted, but that one was still loud. I like the sound OEM, or just a very little bit more. Stealth is the best looking exhaust for a phase 1 172!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Keeping the orange sides. Exhaust is ktec stealth with the centre silencer, pretty quiet tbh.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Day off tomorrow going to give it a wash and take some pics

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
24974B55-5ABF-4EF1-83F8-B05E47B97F55-282-000000260172BB68.jpg

7CAA8A7A-31E6-4660-A5DA-16C70D6F77F3-282-00000025FD958186.jpg

23C537A6-DA36-492F-9EE4-982630480AE2-282-00000025ED984884.jpg

So iv ordered a 3/4 size plate for the front and getting some koni adjutables and new top mounts too. Will fit a whiteline arb when doing the suspension, will update with pics. I really like this little car :)

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Really tidy, clean, original car. I like it a lot!
I love ph1's. would love to have a big ph1 only meet! :D

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
This turned up today, 3/4 front plate :cool: Will get pics up once fitted

0715D900-33A1-45E9-AD77-5E8AF06C8053-586-00000038B08EA0C1.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Got some konis coming to go with the eibachs and also getting a whiteline arb.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cheers. Yeah I like the colour coded door handles and side strips but it divides opinions