ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Installation finally Started!

Well spend all day saturday building my new ice install.
Continue with 2 hours this very cols morning!!

Fitted False floor and a false back pannel, (have a gap between back bucket seats)

Made small boxes in corners for (dare i say it) 6x9's (i know SQ will be shite) but there just there for looks.

Tommorow i will be making the sub box!

Thur i will be cutting a hole in the false floor and inserting perspex to see the amp and fri/sat/sun i will be covering in the same material in which my door cards and parcel shelf is trimmed!

Ready for the Sow and Shine at 2pm on sunday!!

I have a Voodoo amp to go in,
Magnat amp,
2 Audiobahn subs and Magnat 6x9's!

Will get some pics up 2moro!

Arctic Blue Clio 182
nice one lad. Get a few progress pics as im thinkin of doin another bootbuild atm.

Disk drive is playing up, going to need to take some pics then send them from my mates house home, will do it aspa. Its really coming on, im very impressed and have quite enjoyed it"!

Well, all the mdf is cut, foamed and covered. Have loadz pics on my phone, will get them onto PC 2moro! Overall is taken about 16 hours to get to this stage. Will be fitting the subs and 6x9's 2moro and wiring up, which im sure is going to be a b**ch!!!!

Looks really nice, i love the material!!!! Pics up ASAP

A well built VW
Spent all that money on mods and then skimped on the sounds - Sorry mate but you could have got much better sounds to finish the car off , I do admire you for doing it yourself , do you have the right size box dimensions tho... Be interested to see the finished article but please lose the 6x9's at least

Monaro VXR
well the audiobahns will look pretty if there mounted arse out just they dont sound as good mounted that way :/

Audiobahns are the best looking subs, arse out IMO and i dont think ive seen a meaner amp than the voodoo one. Not bothered bout sound quality, just the looks!

Well everythings in place, just needs wiring up, i have some pics on my fone, i will put them on asap! Im very impresses to say iive done it!

Only 1 pic taken from another website!

Won Show n shine today (won road angel!) Install got 9 out of 10!

Attachments

• Install.jpg
    Install.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 118
  Renault Clio II 16v
Whats the point of a nice looking install if it sounds crap?? IMHO it removes something if you fire up your stereo at a show and it isn't kicking out some clear, loud audio..

I instantly lose respect for any install I see if it doesn't sound as good as it looks.

silver valver/hybrid
oh my, im not sure that fluffy type material looks right with the sharp looking chrome subs, fair play for having a go yourself but i think u may have a wonky tape measure lol

Its the way the parcel shelf is stuck, neither up nor dowm and the material isnt fluffy!

Cant understand why these subs are getting slated surly they dont sound that bad?

silver valver/hybrid
i dont think its because that 'they sound that bad' rather than you can get a much better quality sub for the same money. i have a directed audio sub its looks plain but does the business well!

Nike Lunar Elite's
CDMullins said:
Audiobahns are the best looking subs, arse out IMO and i dont think ive seen a meaner amp than the voodoo one. Not bothered bout sound quality, just the looks!

Well everythings in place, just needs wiring up, i have some pics on my fone, i will put them on asap! Im very impresses to say iive done it!

I think this is the best looking sub (arse out) >

22052005007.gif

It has a huge magnet larger and sounds fantastic, typical Phoenix Gold quality.

I hope the sub box is split into seperate sections for each sub. Doesn't look like the box is very big either, have you measured them to work correctly with your subs?

Still prefer the Audiobahn! How much is that sub i do like it tho!!!

Yeh the sub box is broken into 2 seperate boxes and is plenty big enuff?

Nike Lunar Elite's
£250 rrp

500watts rms dvc so has a 2ohm load.
I had a JL Audio 12W0 and the sound quality is nowhere near the Phoenix Gold sub

IMO audiobahn do have an awful SQ :(

as for looks, i think this

P2100012.gif

looks the best arse end out, fantastic SQ based sub too, only 8" but will drop as low as many 12"s whilst remaining controlled

yes the magnet is as big as the cone

A well built VW
CDMullins said:
One side of parcel shelf is up the other is down

Doesnt explain at the bottom where the sub box meets the false floor just doesnt look quite right - Post some better pics and prove us wrong

Polo + Micra
i believe no sub looks good mounted arse out imho

i like a nice smooth concave cone

Monaro VXR
More of a fan of these beasties for looks and well most things to be honest. Picture is of the 12" version.

b_xxx12v3.jpg

Not cheap though at £430

As father and son....
what a load of old toss, talk abuot cutting corners. You dont half set yourself up sometimes Mullins you complain about people slating you on here or whatever then go and toss us a nice easy bone like this to chew on. Looks over sound quality; defeats the purpose of an install. If you ever get to a competition wehre your install actually has to sound half decent your dead in the water.

Renault Clio II 16v
I found something funny at my last show... I have a friend in a Seat Ibiza, his install is awesome, it looks great, loads of alpine, set up really nicely.. but more people came to look at my install and spent more time looking around my car and in the boot purely becuase it was louder.. Mine had NOTHING on looks. Two 12" ProPlus Worf subs running 1400W RMS at 1 ohm stable in a standard 2x12" sub box, side by side, with two Alpine 6x9's in the shelf, some alpine components up front and a nice Alpine IVA-D300R touchscreen DVD.. It looked pants, but it sounded great at high volume, crisp clean and clear base with great mids and highs that attracted so much more attention than the pretty looking ibiza install... (No Offence Dillo if you ever happen to read this... You know I think your install is ace.. :p) His install wont win any awards, neither will mine, or yours, so why bother even trying to make it look good? are you going to leave it off at cruises and just let people see it? I'd rather give it some clout and get it SPL tested, or give me high quality personal audio just for when I'm driving.. It'll work out cheaper and it will sound better which will earn you more respect at a cruise and if your making your install look like that, it seems thats exactly what you want.

So for me it will always be SQ first, looks later, and its always had people impressed...

My 2p.

Well obviously sound quality doesnt bother me so im not going to enter anything like that! FFS!!

Typical shite on here;
No point having Subs that look good if they dont sound good!
No point having nice looking car if it hasnt got a 2L engine
Same old shite!

If it would have been any other user they would have had a good response! I got slated for giving someone the money to my exterior so ive done the boot myself and still got slated due to my choice of subs!!!!

Cant win!

Ive never been interested in sound, i would know where to begin, when looking for the best SQ install and tbh it doesnt interest me! I would rather see and nicly done boot.

But then again we proably go to different kind of shows and have different interests, not saying ur wrong and im not saying im wrong!

i think your boot install looks amazing, looks tidy and neat and bet it sounds sweet too.

you have obviously spent alot of time and money on it and i say job well done, i have just completed mine and i have that fluffy stuff too (well i call it carpet as thats what it is)

i have basically took all my boot out and re done it and it looks and sounds the b******s but i not put it on here becaue i will just get called a chav or something rediculas,

if it not to your tastes then its sh** but we al have different opinions but 1 thing i never do is **** off someones hard work

cliolass said:
i think your boot install looks amazing, looks tidy and neat and bet it sounds sweet too.
from most of your previous posts, i would have said you had a degree of ICE knowledge, after that comment i'm not so sure

6x9's in a boot? never going to set the world alight in terms of sound

i've not commented on the install yet, so here i go. it's ok for a 1st effort, i'm pretty sure however the internal volume will be incorrect as 9/10 people don't actually work it out, this is detrimental to the SQ and SPL, although it appears you're insistant it doesn't matter. the linesof the install seem pretty rough, maybe that's the angle of the picture, maybe the angle of the shelf is warping the perception of the install, who knows, be better to see a shelf out picture from pretty close up to see the install properly

colour doesn't suit the cars appearance, the beige? really stays too close to the colour of the car for my liking, it's just not striking enough, a nice high impacting blue would have had a far better appearance to it, plus a better choice of materials may also have been better​

i will refrain from making any comments about the chosen equipment, as you have already said it's for show not SQ, though i know most people interested in car audio would look straight at it and walk on without a 2nd look. obviously those involved in the cruise scene where it's all show would be wowed by it all

fair enough points?

Last edited:
Good post Bryan, thats the kind of critism i appricate!

Every1 looked at the way i handled the exterior post and slated me, however its abit hard when 1st reply is "ur exhausts are w**k"

The parcel shelf was stuck on that pic!! Have loadz pics but the disk drive is naked and data cable wont work!! Few people have seen it so if u read this MattRT, Clio_Kicker? Stick us a post up!

Dont like the blue or leather material, i think the Cream looks really classy!

Never said it sounded bad Hotshot, they aint even wired up yet!!!!!! I woundly say that any way as i have nothing to compare them to, So they probably sound really good as opposed to standard setup!