ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Speakers next to parcel shelf?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi, i've got a clio mk2 phase2.

Pioneer speakers up front (not amped)
and speakers in rear, with sub n amp.

However next to the parcel shelf there is space for speakers like 6x9s or something..

I was thinking, is it possible to get 6x9's or other speakers and fit them there and install another sub/amp?

The sub/amp was installed by the previous owner and im bit of a novice when it comes to ICE!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Orr, maybe getting speakers and just getting another amp? i guess that would depend on if my head unit has a spare amp socket?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Iv been thinking about doing this, with some rectangle 6x9s.
Hopefully someone has tried so i dont have to wast mony finding out =]

"Navy" N17 TWO
All you need in the rear is standard rear speakers :)
A good set of speakers up front and get some sound deadening in to kill the rattles of the plastic panels etc

The grills running along-side the parcel shelf are air-vents which let air circulate through the car.

6x9s always start heated discussions on here - the majority of "ICE fans" have ruled them out of fashion - YEARS ago.

Hope that helps
Trev

vaux cavalier
Nothing wrong with the humble 6x9....

Been a top seller for years....

Problems arise when people use them in the wrong way, or simply employ poor installation techniques....ANY speaker can only be as good as its installation....

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
6x9's are far to loud so dont bother, if you dont get what i mean ill say this again you dont go to a concert n stand with your back to the stage do you? thats the same princable with 6x9's as there in the back of your car, save abit of extra cash up n buy components for the doors and the rear quarters

vaux cavalier
6x9's are far to loud so dont bother, if you dont get what i mean ill say this again you dont go to a concert n stand with your back to the stage do you? thats the same princable with 6x9's as there in the back of your car, save abit of extra cash up n buy components for the doors and the rear quarters

Whats a concert scenario got to do with listening to music in a car ??

Two totally different experiences due to which senses are being used....

If the main aim of your install is to provide a true to life concert experience then I concur, rear speakers should only be used to imitate or reproduce the sound reflections you would normally get in a concert hall....

Not many street bassing youngsters would appreciate a system incorporating rear speakers wired to produce the 'Haefler' effect, they would much prefer higher output....

Most of the people I speak to now, simply want the 'club' effect, music from all directions which is loud, clear & bass heavy....