ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icarus [PC - Steam]

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone playing this currently?

Picked it up on release, stopped playing for a few months and have recently gotten back into it. Makes a relaxing change from hammering COD/Warzone.

Extremely addictive!

https://surviveicarus.com/

ICARUS is a session-based PvE survival game for up to eight co-op players or solo.

Confront and conquer a brutal PvE world determined to wear you down or tear you apart. From toxic atmosphere to savage wildlife and game-altering weather events, Icarus is a planet with a temper. Preparation and planning are everything. Whether it’s to find a source of oxygen, stalk your next meal or stock supplies for a long journey into the wilderness.

Immerse yourself in a deceptively familiar, yet alien, world. The First Cohort of prospectors has been granted initial mining licenses for over 64 square kilometers of hand-crafted terrain full of hidden corners and resources to mine and diverse biomes to explore. Use the resources around you to survive – every single tree is harvestable, every rock can be voxel mined.

Master two separate tech trees: planet-side and orbital. Use the planet’s resources to craft handmade tools, buildings and machinery to protect yourself and aid your mission. Then return to orbit with your prize – rare exotic materials that you can engineer into advanced tech. As you progress, choose which tech to take on your next drop so you can travel further, gather faster, automate production or survive longer.

Your time on Icarus is limited, so use every second wisely. The orbital space station waits for no one. If you fail to return to your dropship in time, there is no rescue – your character’s progression and tech is lost to planet Icarus. Drop sessions can vary from hours to days long with varied missions and locations. Every drop has a clear goal and time limit, but how you overcome its challenges is up to you.

Gallery_Wolves.jpg

Gallery_Hunting.jpg

Gallery_Building.jpg

Gallery_Desert.jpg

Gallery_Lightning.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Get it bud. Though you'd struggle with the wolves.
And the rabbits. 😂

With it being time-limited, is there any option of saving your progress?
I believe the game autosaves every 30 or 60 seconds. With the time aspect, it's in game time only. The missions can range from 1 days play time to 30 days.

If you find yourself unable to complete the mission within the time frame for whatever reason, you can run back to your dropship (with time still remaining) with your inventory loot/special items, deposit them into dropship cargo and take them back to orbit so you don't lose what you've grinded for/farmed. It would mean you've failed the mission of course but still means you wont lose everything.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m down.

Hope they sort out the whole joining friends prospect thing. I can’t join a prospect Noddie started because he’s the one that launched it. So I can’t make any progress inside the prospect unless he’s online. Very frustrating as it means making a new character to join others (you can only be ‘in’ one prospect at a time.)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Aye, whoever is hosting needs to be the one who’s ‘up the latest’ as when the host leaves we all get kicked.

I have a prospect all setup with a new character so welcome to use that. (We all need to add each others steam codes).

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'd say our new one from last night would be the best since its setup as open world.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm good for it, if we do end up with host leaving issues then COD can take over.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Ended up trying a solo mission after some COD. Where you scout the locations...

Crocs man... 😵

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Like a nuke? It took about 1000 arrows and the only reason I killed it is because it was caught on a slightly lower ledge and couldn't get up to me. 🤣

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Like a nuke? It took about 1000 arrows and the only reason I killed it is because it was caught on a slightly lower ledge and couldn't get up to me. 🤣

lol, you need to shoot them in the head bud.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Working unfortunately (also the reason I didn't make it last night).

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The devs made a change 5 weeks ago that removed the ability to resume a friends prospect without the initial host being present. The only/best way to do this now is through the use of dedicated servers. I'm not sure how much these cost though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Looks like a sledgehammer for mining stone? Along with a few extra friends..