ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I would love a 182 but I have to stick to my diesel clio :(

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
Has the 100bhp DCi got much pull to it? If I buy a petrol my dad will slit my throat (as I get my diesel free off him) so is the 100bhp DCi any good?

yeah they are supposed to be pretty good. my dad drove both and he prefered the diesel, but then again, he isnt a young boy racer!

cock mobile.
Free diesel; I always swore I'd never get a diesel, but if I could get free refills I would defo have one!

Plenty of performance diesels out there as well for a future upgrade :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Of a Seat/VW TDi!! Chip one of them and you'll get a bit bhp/torque increase and still see 60mpg. :D :D

PUG 106 RALLYE
I'd go for the Fabia vRS, it beat a Mini cooper round the TopGear track, but lacks a bit of stearing feel, well built tho.

Turbo'd lude, Astra
When i test drove the dci 100 i didnt feel that there was much difference between that and the dci 80 that i currently own! I def wasnt gonna pay the extra £1500 for the extra 20bhp!

Also another thing to consider is that the dci 100 is in the higher tax bracket too, i think where as the dci 80 is still only £50 a year!

CB600FS
The 100s feel sluggish cus they've got the crappy gearbox of the petrol lagunas. Ratios are a bit dodgy.

80s are pretty much the same as 100s, 100s maybe a bit better on the Motorway.

You can still get the 100 mapped thought and they can go pretty well.

Abarth Grande Punto
well this may not help but i had a 1.9 dci 120 megane and that was nippy and stupidly economical! I would assume the dci100 would be quite nippy

CB600FS
Megane 1.9 DCI 120bhp = Fast
Megane 1.9 DCI 130bhp = Faster

I've always said why didnt they drop the 1.9dci/2.2dci in the Clio :quiet:

They didn't fit a 1.9 into the Mk2 phase 2 they did into the phase 1 but noone belives me even some dealers don't belive me.

They never fitted it to the phase 2 as there was no point the 1.5 satisfied the neww it was just as quick but cheaper to run.

Also it woulnd't directly fit the pump would need modifying plus the JC5 gearbox is already on the limit with the dci 80 so there no point trying with a 1.9 engine and suited box.

I'd say get a dci 80 personally forget the 100 they always are up for silly money and the gearbox is usless in all the opnes I've driven (its a different box). I tried a Ibiza 130hp model but the handling was very dull the cxar felt cheap ly designed it didn't look nice and the engine power curve wan't that good either then again it was brand new.
The Clio Imo is a more fun car HP isn't everything.

Pingu how many miles are on your DCI and have you ever cleaned the EGR valve?

No need to clan the EGR valuve if you hammer the car ll the time and don't give it ages to idle just go easy for a minute or so before shudown. Idling is the problem on the cars IMO people just don't treat them hard.

CB600FS
Your right edde, the amount that pour black smoke out the back aswell because of it.

Wasn't that 1.9 Diesel in the PH1s called a 1.9D Sport? Rare as you like.
Its the old Dti tractor engine though thats the thing

LY V6 with Recaros
If the diesels free, I'd go for that! I thought the 1.9D megane seemed quite nippy, dont know what the clio's like though.

Your right edde, the amount that pour black smoke out the back aswell because of it.

Wasn't that 1.9 Diesel in the PH1s called a 1.9D Sport? Rare as you like.
Its the old Dti tractor engine though thats the thing

Not sure possible they did 3 spec diesel I think in the phase 1 Mk2's the 61hp the 80 and the 110 or so ish models the 61 was the N/A one people know existed

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The 1.9dti was about 100bhp according to stat pages.

edde is right about the Clios being more fun.

When I had to sell the 120, I looked all all sorts of small cars, Skoda 1.4mpi is a good engine, but the car is quite... floaty.. Looked at the typical things like 206s and Clio petrols.

Ended up with the dci 80 because the Clios were pretty nimble, and the 80 is a good performer in 3rd and 4th gear for such a small car. Just lacks top end, but it's only a 1.5 so can't really complain at 117mph (pretty much at the limiter on GPS, was about 126 on the clock).

1.2 16v clio
I think describing at 120bhp megane as fast is slightly hysterical[/quote]

not wen uve got a 1.2 16v with a massive power of 75 ponies

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
I hav a dci 100 and its fab!
Yeah they stil are £50 a year to tax, and only group 5 insurance.
Did 62MPG last month. Little bit stodgy round the corners, but i found lower profile yokies fixed that, and very good for overtaking.
Gettin it remapped in 2 weeks, should see me 130 bhp and more torque than a 182. Nice.