ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I remember when i wanted a 172

Shed.
Yeah, i set my heart on one, but even now, 9 months after i wanted one i dont really want one anymore. in fact im not ALL that fussed about engine size anymore. And as a student i cannot justify paying out for the running costs, not that they are bad, its just the insurance.

Is owning one as good as i thought it was gunna be ? lol. or does it wear off and become something you just "have".? ??

RenaultSport 197
Most people im sure will agree love thier 172. I can't wait to get my mitts on a 172 or 182 when I get rid of this slower-than-your-grandma-in-bed of a car. Sport here I come!! :D

Mk4 .:R32
they are awesome little cars. certain things will p*ss you off, i.e. rattles, crap seating position. But then when you boot it, you see the fun factor which makes up for the niggles. I like mine more now than when I first got it, cos I know the ins and outs of the cars abilities on the road

TeZ

Non RS : (
Most people im sure will agree love thier 172. I can't wait to get my mitts on a 172 or 182 when I get rid of this slower-than-your-grandma-in-bed of a car. Sport here I come!! :D

ditto ..

exds_ditto.jpg

Beast
Cant afford it? Sell it to me for a knock down price :D

Edit: Its not that 172 would be any faster than my current car, but I love the looks and the, well, new-ness it has over a Valver lol.

S3, HD Nightster
I'm 19, im a student, I got my 172 2 months ago, I'm paying £1800 a year and a STILL love it. That's all I can say! :D

Clio MK 4
I love mine. Obviously you do get used to it and at times wish it was quicker etc but doesn't get me down. I get a lot of good comments on my clio from friends. People seem to think it's a lot newer than it is all the time! Think the fact i wash, wax etc the car everyweek with out fail makes it look newer lol

H86

black 172
Yeah, i set my heart on one, but even now, 9 months after i wanted one i dont really want one anymore. in fact im not ALL that fussed about engine size anymore. And as a student i cannot justify paying out for the running costs, not that they are bad, its just the insurance.

Is owning one as good as i thought it was gunna be ? lol. or does it wear off and become something you just "have".? ??

you sound like your in denial lol

just get one! :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Cant afford it? Sell it to me for a knock down price :D

Edit: Its not that 172 would be any faster than my current car, but I love the looks and the, well, new-ness it has over a Valver lol.

you have a valver... and dont think a 172 would be any faster?

:quiet:

i love my 172.. it doesnt have the wow facter it used to.. it doesnt feel fast anymore.. its just a car its only when i drive something else that i go wow yeah mine is quick

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Initially not as much fun as i expected but i still havnt properly driven it yet. Interior and pedals are fine despite critisism, i did own a saxo though so i suppose any interior would be better.

BG 182
I love mine and wouldnt trade it for the world! I like it because you have the power there if you need it, you dont always have to put your foot down just because you have a sport.. Ive had mine 4 months and the novelty has nowhere nearly even begun to wear off yet ;)

172 Cup
Had mine for a few months as well now "Dansta" a member convinced me to get one ! and i love it

Nice one dude...

185lb/ft dCi
Initially not as much fun as i expected but i still havnt properly driven it yet. Interior and pedals are fine despite critisism, i did own a saxo though so i suppose any interior would be better.

get that name changed! you don't deserve to have it owning petrols! :nono:

Cro

Meg'd r27
I love mine to bits, i know exactly which pedal to press when theres a bad day at work and all is right with the world again!

What I like about it, is you can drive it normally, have excellent fuel consumption, and have a reasonable amount of power there, or cain the f**k out of it, have all the power past 5k and still have quite good consumption.

Shed.
What I like about it, is you can drive it normally, have excellent fuel consumption, and have a reasonable amount of power there, or cain the f**k out of it, have all the power past 5k and still have quite good consumption.

AYE !!! bloody ace tbh. but at 19 for what its worth.

I have had mine for over 3 weeks now and I am really really bored of it. The first few days I loved it, it definately had the wow factor. Now it just seems boring and the rattles are really getting on my nerves....

Who am I kidding, I love it and I am leaving work early today so I can go for a long drive! Best move I ever made and my only regret is not getting one sooner :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the thing ive noticed about both my clios is you get really bored of them in the winter because you forget just how hard you can corner in them! so to try and get a bit of enjoyment you nail them on the straights which gets boring after a couple of days but once summer comes back arround and you get the decent dry sticky roads you fall in love.

the summer days of switching the aircon off to get every inch of power out it when your hammering it but then as soon as you get into a built up area you slow to 30 and blast the aircon in your face because its so hot inside lol

ValverInBits

I'm a student. I've got a Mk1 1.8 16v and Just spent my savings on a 172 ph2 because it was a really good deal. Now cannot insure either of my cars and have £20 left available. They are both sat on my drive at home! Just off out to the bank to get my overdraft increased :S
BADLY need to sell my valver but can't becuase it's at home and no1 can view it when it's there. So need to sell it in jan. But then it has some issues which don't worry me, because they're nothing to worry about, but would worry a potential buyer and bring down the value - WHICH I CANT AFFORD.

All in all. I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING. I always save and earn and save to spend all my money on my cars just to go a little faster! and i freakin love it.

Best enjoyed on a track tbh, or going spaz down a b-road.

Don't feel special on normal journeys, then again you'd need a supercar to do that.................so a vee then..........................................lol.

E92 330
i earn £12k a year and pay £2.k insuarance i wouldnt swap it for anythin, not evan a 182! mayb a v6 but havent driven one!!:race:

Mini Cooper S sport
I still love my 182, it looks amazing when it's just been washed and love the speed and handling. It's the first car I've EVER had which I've never got bored with (well, I didn't really get bored with my 172 I just wanted a 182!).

I feel it's about time to change it for a Meggy, but I'll be very sorry to see it go when I do.

M135i
i had two 172 cups in 18months. loved them to pieces, especially my 2nd one. now im in mums 1.2 waiting for my R27 to arrive. ill still miss the rawness of the cups though.

I think Taylor has hit the nail on the head, it won't feel quick after a couple of weeks until you drive someone elses car then get back in yours.
I had quite an enjoyable drive in mine yesterday for about the first time in a month, over recent weeks i ve just been getting pissed off with having a relatively nice car and was well up for selling it and getting an F reg Micra.
Park it right out side the supermarket instead of in the far corner, park it on the road, never wash it, never worry, would be quite up for that.

RS RIP
Not bad owning one but it's not an amazing experience.

I could do without the rattles

Same, really pleased with mine but its not epic, or special. It is at the end of the day just a quick clio.

Impreza or elise FTW

i've had the Impreza , it was tuned to 285 bhp, my cup is more fun ...

Powerwise the Impreza made me smile when i floored it but the Cup is more fun throwing around and it's nearly as fast because of it's weight. The Impreza is just heavy and it feels heavy too

W

wickedbitch

I worship my 172, my only concern is that when its time to upgrade I dont think there will be anything else I will want other than a new 172!!!! It makes me smile everytime I drive her and even when I watch my hubby kicking its head in on the rare occaision i let him borrow her.

Cupless
I miss my cup :( - Still want to get another, but insurance wont allow it anymore. Once you own/drive another car you really do appreciate how much of an awesome little car they are