ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i finally got an average insurance quote ?

Titanium 182
Just been getting a quote on a 106 gti with bell.

10 month bonus accelarator policy on flexibell with windscreen cover.

TPF&T

8k miles a year
social domestic pleasure and commuting.

Mods declared

Manifold and exhaust
Suspension lowered
Brakes uprated (gti6 ofc ;))
Interior changed (buckets harnesses and steering wheel)

I'm 18 nearly 19 with nearly 2 years ncb.
E* risk postcode

£1863, I don't think thats too bad for someone my age... presumably it will come down when i turn 19 and get 2yncb in a couple of months ?

What do you think of the price ? Has anyone on here recently turned 19 and seen a fair drop in insurance quotes ?

Thats an online quote by the way :)

Edit:
Just added my girlfriend on whos got a provisional license

£1630 lol result.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Don't do the bonus accelerators mate.
I did 2 and nearly shot myself in the foot big style. Luckily NU messed up on my proof of no claims form but not worth it, basically a wasted 10 months unless you stay with them for 4 years.

Titanium 182
I did 2 and nearly shot myself in the foot big style. Luckily NU messed up on my proof of no claims form but not worth it, basically a wasted 10 months unless you stay with them for 4 years.

Ah right, well once i hit 19 hopefully it will be cheap enough to go for the 12 months anyway.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Madness to pay that much on a relatively cheap car. And why get a 106gti? 306gti/rallye all the way.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

Ah right, well once i hit 19 hopefully it will be cheap enough to go for the 12 months anyway.

I'd just wait mate, definately not worth all that money for what is technically not useful as no claims. As soon as you go back to them for a requote they will rip your teeth out.

Seems pricey on a 106 though?

Titanium 182
Madness to pay that much on a relatively cheap car. And why get a 106gti? 306gti/rallye all the way.

I don't like 306's tbh :dapprove: always loved the 106

I'd just wait mate, definately not worth all that money for what is technically not useful as no claims. As soon as you go back to them for a requote they will rip your teeth out.

Seems pricey on a 106 though?

I know it seems pretty high but my postcode is a bad area and its quite heavily modified.

If i take all the mods off i reckon i could get it about £1300 gonna have a look now :approve:

Can't believe my gf whos only had her provisional 2/3 months and hasnt ever had a lesson knocks £200 off :S

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Hmm, have you tried flux for modified cars?
See my post in the thread by 'not normal dan' on the second page.

Titanium 182
I'm gonna give flux a ring tomorrow and see how much they quote i think. I wont be changing at least till i turn 19 anyway tbh :)

Something like this would be awesome though

CIMG0190.jpg

CIMG0196.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg315/darrenlicence/CIMG0190.jpg

hes asking £2.2k for that

I reckon i could get it for £1.9 if i wanted it though hes been trying to sell it on 106 owners for months.

He lives near me and it has 205 gti pepperpot alloys with it too :D

That much for tpft ?? No way !!! Don't do it !

My mate was paying about £1200 f/c on one with an exhaust & ik, he was 19 at the time.

If you want it to drop some more, put your mum on it as a named driver.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
whats the bhp on these? u reckon il be able to get insured on a 1*7 with 2yncb and 3 points :(

im so bored of the 1.2

Titanium 182
120 bhp standard
but this ones been RR'd at 132 bhp.

Im moving away from the idea of wanting a 1*2 because there "newer" cars and i wouldnt want to strip one out and make it a track **** lol.

Tell me about it im so bored of my 1.4

I have a loan for it though, so when i sell it all the money will be going to paying the loan off so i would have to wait till my employee sharesave program pays out to buy the actual car :)

Cat that quote is for me atm (18 yo) so i imagine it will come down a few hundred when i hit 19 in october ?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Boosh, thats what i've done!
yeh but you got ur points when u was 17 and u prob dont live in a shitty area ( my post code hasn't got a rating it just says *refur* :( )

when it comes to it im gonna give you a ring - you can help me :)

your with flux and they said they wont insure me with points (on a 1.2 :dead:)

maybe try again when i buy it?

I don't think it'll drop a few hundred when your 19, do a quote saying you are 19 now to see.

There is not way i'd go tpft on the car at all, if it was a banger, sure, but not that car.

Titanium 182
Boosh, thats what i've done!
yeh but you got ur points when u was 17 and u prob dont live in a s**tty area ( my post code hasn't got a rating it just says *refur* :( )

when it comes to it im gonna give you a ring - you can help me :)

your with flux and they said they wont insure me with points (on a 1.2 :dead:)

maybe try again when i buy it?

a b c f e(mine) f refur (aka iraq)

Lol oh dear :rasp: and 3 points :(

thats rubbish.

Da

Less
That much for tpft ?? No way !!! Don't do it !

Seriously, wait!

I drove my 1.2 for nearly 4 years to build up my no claims in order to be able to insure a 182 for less than £500 a year!

That amount of money on TPF&T is just silly IMO.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Unsure as to why they won't insure you with points. When I first got mine it made £13 difference, now it makes no difference at all.

Yeah I'll give you a hand mate

Titanium 182
I don't think it'll drop a few hundred when your 19, do a quote saying you are 19 now to see.

There is not way i'd go tpft on the car at all, if it was a banger, sure, but not that car.

You reckon its worth FC on a 2k car ? :S

Da

Less
You reckon the insurance it worth £1500+ on a £2K car, that's more worrying!!

Titanium 182
mate i paid £1475 on a 1.1 106 lol.

I'v kind of accepted im going to get shafted on insurance anything under 2k seems decent to me i pay £1300 on a 1.4 clio at the moment ffs...

Lol @ da, true though.

I'd go fc even if the car only cost a grand tbh, obviously my fc price & yours varies wildly.
That aside, deffo see about full comp. If it's too much money play the waiting game, stay with a low cc car then get a gti when your 20 or 21.

Titanium 182
fully comp upps the ante by about £200

Probs worth it then i guess... You don't understand how sick i am of driving rounding in low cc cars. Plus i'v wanted a gti since i was like 14 :rolleyes:

i think there ace cars. Would gladly pay £1600-700 to insure a modified one as its what i want, a lot of people on here pay more for there insurance on cars at my age !

For the sake of £200 on top go for FC, the price is madness, but at the end of the day it's your wallet it's coming out of.

Titanium 182
Yeah i think i would go FC tbh i can get it all in for £1500 FC 12 month policy if the car is unmodified.

Just gone onto page two of that advert and hes reduced the car to £1700
if only it was like december :(

Titanium 182
cant afford to get any in my first two years mate :) only get two strikes then your out.
another year to go yet ;)

Don't really speed anyway i find national speedlimit roads are fast enough to have fun and 30s are 30 for a reason :)

i had a 106 gti at 18/19 a couple of years back and i was paying about 800 third party fire and theft with me as the main driver and my mum as a named driver with elephant. they arent worth 1800 pounds worth of fun

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You can't see the looks from the drivers seat. Mizin cars. Get an old school mini, engine transplant, insure as a kit car. Uber cheap, cool as f**k, won't look chavvy.

Titanium 182
On that basis i'll drive a bright pink ford ka with a vtec lump if it feels nice to drive, throw a playboy sticker on the bonnet for good luck too.

I don't think GTI's look chavvy as long as there done right :rolleyes:

i think im going to just see what happens to the insurance in a couple of months and then see how much i could sell my car for and if it would cover the loan i have on it.