ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally!

TT 225
After some clunge monkey ran into me last year and refused he was even involved in the accident we sent numerous letters to our insurance company and then decided to contact their head office etc. The accident is finally sorted and my ma's NCB reinstated. This now means i can finally look for my own insurance as i was stuck with the current insurere until it had been sorted.

The cheapest quote so far is with elephant and its around £1550 TPF&T, 0NCB and 1 non-fault accident with mods declared on a 1.2

How does that sound? I know its pretty high and even though im 19 with 2 years driving experience doesnt mean s**t these days, I think its managable.

Anybody use any smaller companies such as brentacre who dont mind insuring modifed vehicles?

adam

You tried tescos matey. Im in my second year with them Fully comp 1 claim, 0NCB and im paying £1700.

However last year (first driving year) with them i had 0NCB, 18YO, Fully Comp and was £1300.

All on my 1.2 16v. Im sure they would do it cheaper!

Edit: The claim is 50/50 partial blame claim

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I paid £600 fully comp at 19. Didn't have the accident though. Everything else was the same. It was with Admiral, mum and dad as named drivers.

seriously? I've never paid more than £1000 for my insurance, and had a 1.4 16v at 19 with a years NCD

320d
Adam, put it this way. I have 1 ncb but 2 non-fault claims i'm also 19 and its 1500 tpft on a 172. Try Flux they're very good.

TT 225
Adam, put it this way. I have 1 ncb but 2 non-fault claims i'm also 19 and its 1500 tpft on a 172. Try Flux they're very good.

flux quoted me on my 1.2 at over 2k so i dismissed them straight away. I have 0 NCB so it looks like that whats buggaring me up.

Last edited:
  TT 225
You tried tescos matey. Im in my second year with them Fully comp 1 claim, 0NCB and im paying £1700.

However last year (first driving year) with them i had 0NCB, 18YO, Fully Comp and was £1300.

All on my 1.2 16v. Im sure they would do it cheaper!

Edit: The claim is 50/50 partial blame claim

Tesco want £1550 TPF&T and £1870 Fully comp. No mods declared