ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

htc phone any good?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Tytn II, im thinking about it as an upgrade any help much apprec.!!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yes.
Ive got one and love it. Ive had HTCs for 4 years now, i really like them.
Plus work have now moved over to them for the past 1.5 years, makes my life easier with exchange email and contacts list.

Also - Install TomTom on it, and GPS away.

The Tytn II is pretty funky with good features. Pretty powerful aswell. You can install a thing called "TouchFlo" and it allows the main menus to be controlled with movements up, across and down the screen. Pretty funky too.

I had a HTC Touch (version 1) and linked with Touchflo, it was the worse phone I've ever had the misfortune of making a call on. It lasted 4 months before I got rid. (I ended up buying phone from Expansys).

Smartphones are something you either like or don't..

In terms of the TyTN2, it's probably about the best in it's class for what it is.. so if you like that sort of thing, it'll be great I think.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i hav an spv smartphone at mo, but its a normal looking phone, i had a p990i and it was really buggy!! It is either this or an n95 but i want a n n95 black but orange cant do it for me, only at 3rd party retailers etc

172 Race Car
Ive got an orange SPV M700 (HTC something)

Its very good, software is much more stable than the M600 i had before and it has built in GPS receiver

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
bit big isnt it tho, never used a touchscreen before,im scared of going to a phone where you have to look at it to operate it as i can use mine without looking

172 Race Car
texting is deffo a two handed afair.

personaly i use it more as a satnav, camera (very good actualy), internet browser and word mobile than as an actual phone

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
good phone mate - i have an XDA Orbit II (HTC Touch Cruise) and I love it especially as it has no keyboard. I can use the on screen XT9 keypad no probs with one hand. inbuilt gps etc etc
I had an Orange M600 (HTC also) before which was good but too slow.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Yes.
Plus work have now moved over to them for the past 1.5 years, makes my life easier with exchange email and contacts list.

The Tytn II is pretty funky with good features. Pretty powerful aswell. You can install a thing called "TouchFlo" and it allows the main menus to be controlled with movements up, across and down the screen. Pretty funky too.

Wicked phones, I settled for a Sony Ericsson P1i after having a P990, just made sense.
GPS? Do they have it?

2014 Focus Titanium
Yes.

Wicked phones, I settled for a Sony Ericsson P1i after having a P990, just made sense.
GPS? Do they have it?

The Tytn II and Touch Cruise do!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They're generally slow and unresponsive.

I love smartphones, and deal with mine (I think mine's the Trinity), but they are a pain in the arse. Not an amazing phone (but the best contact book ever) and not an amazing pocket PC. But carrying a HP and a Nokia around is a pain in the neck imo.

I did that for a while, and the HP would keep running out of battery,

a/ because they use HP specific chargers unlike HTC who just use mini USB
b/ because I wouldn't use it some days and then it would just go dead.

I'd try one out making/receiving calls and see if you think it would bother you. Generally the pro's outweigh the con's though. Wireless internet with youtube etc is good fun.

Mk2 172
The hardware is okay, WM5/6 is utter gash.

Buy an N95.

depends what you want to do with the phone tho. The battery is way better on the htc than on the n95!!!! ive got both and the n95's battery is absolutely appauling and just gets worse the longer you own it. iT used to last one working day max!!! my htc lasts nearly 2 days :)

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had HTC Smartphones back in the day pre Windows Mobile, and my best phone ever was the incredible SPV c500, did so much before all the other phones became 'smart'.

Windows Mobile for me at the moment is off the ball, what with 2 MP cameras and what is a bit of a clunky interface. I really don't like touch screens either.

Right now though I wouldn't swap my N95 for anything.

P.S. Dan R, have you updated your firmware to v21,.. I find the battery much less of an issue now.

Mk2 172
I had HTC Smartphones back in the day pre Windows Mobile, and my best phone ever was the incredible SPV c500, did so much before all the other phones became 'smart'.

Windows Mobile for me at the moment is off the ball, what with 2 MP cameras and what is a bit of a clunky interface. I really don't like touch screens either.

Right now though I wouldn't swap my N95 for anything.

P.S. Dan R, have you updated your firmware to v21,.. I find the battery much less of an issue now.

oh right cool :) i would have but i dont use it anymore so not to worry. ill let my mate know as he still has one :) cheers