ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Desire HD (Black) or Samsung Galaxy S / Ace

Mito Sportiva 135
Right I'm going for Sensation or Galaxy S2....but neither out yet lol so still waiting!!!

From the reviews I've seen though, the S2 seems the one to go for?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I played with the s2 when samsung came to work last week (work for virgin mobile) and the phone felt like a toy. Too plastic like. Brilliant features but poor feel. Def the sensation for me

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Right I'm going for Sensation or Galaxy S2....but neither out yet lol so still waiting!!!

From the reviews I've seen though, the S2 seems the one to go for?

Same 2 phones I'm waiting for, Most people seem to think the sensation is the one to have

Mito Sportiva 135
I saw it had better battery, screen (with super amoled), smaller case size and a few other little features...the S2 does look more like an iPhone wannabe though on the downside. Will probably go for the Sensation though still depending what comes out first.

I have the Desire S. It may not have the big screen, but IMO its one of the best looking handsets out there and a nice size too! Build quality is top notch.

Fabia VRS
Ive just got the desire HD and first off its big, iphone (ish) big

But its brilliant! the screen is really crisp and the touch to it is much better than the wildire (i had that previously)

I would deffinatly say its a cheaper but just as good alternative to the iphone

Very happy id reccomend it

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I saw my ex last night and she had the HD - although was surprising how little she knew about it and using it!

The Sensation is just an upgrade of that really.

Still considering the S2 though mainly due to the size, screen and battery....although I do like HTC as a brand big time.

JJ do you know the differences between Desire HD and Incredible S at all though?

Samll comparison here:

http://phonedeals.knowyourmobile.com/pages/htcdesirehdvshtcincredibles

Incredible S is a better phone than the Desire S according to the CPW dude I seen - specs are almost identical except the Desire S uses gingerbread and has a 5mp camera, the Incredible S uses Froyo and has an 8mp camera (with all same specs as Desire S so upgrading to gingerbread should be a piece of cake)

I prefer the Desire S! CPW knows nothing!!

This sums up the differences:

Despite the Incredible S and Desire S’s look and marketing there is very little to separate them. For instance, both devices have the same processor, storage capabilities, RAM and display quality. They both also feature the same operating system and UI.

The only aspect where they differ is that the Incredible S is larger with a bigger screen and has a better camera. That’s literally it.

I dont like BIG phones so the Desire S wins hands down for me... plus I think it looks better and not keen on the back of the incredible.

a thirsty one
Battery lasts much longer now I turned my mobile internet off. It was always logged onto 3g so with Bluetooth, wifi and mobile internet all off it lasts a while now and just create a shortcut to the settings page.

Bumder With A Buffer
Im with O2 and want to get a decent upgrade with them..Iphone is a no no, dont want another.

On the o2 site they have the HTC HD7 which I guess is windows 7, and the htc desire S which is android powered.

Is any of them worth a look?

a thirsty one
htc hd7 is massive, its bigger than the desire hd and iphones from what i remember. i wouldnt upgrade to one of them think been out a few months now.
the desire s is prob a better bet out of the two you mention.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm still back to the drawing board - was quite settled on waiting for the HTC Sensation, then the Galaxy S2 but after reading several reviews I think the SE Xperia Arc and Motorola Atrix sound really good too! Very difficult to decide, I guess price really will force me as I think the Galaxy S2 is going to be expensive?

Bumder With A Buffer
Well I got the HTC incredible S and think it's awesome. I compared the desire S/Desire HD and the Incredible S.

The HD is mahoosive!! In comparison to the other 2. Only reason I went for the Incredible S was the fact it had a slightly better camera, screen was a lot crispier over the Desire S, and it will be upgraded tothe latest android firmware (2.3 gingerbread) in the next few weeks which the Desire S will not have (I think)

Skoda Fabia vRS
nah its really not, i think i could happily use something even slightly bigger, everything else now looks tiny, dont know how anyone manages on their tiny screens

Bumder With A Buffer
The hd is only 0.3 inch bigger screen wise. Just felt really bulky next to the incredible s.

Mito Sportiva 135
I may just get the S2 now, bored of waiting. Plus it has a better battery which is important - could be as much as 50% better than the Sensation due to the Amoled screen and larger battery.

Well I got the HTC incredible S and think it's awesome. I compared the desire S/Desire HD and the Incredible S.

The HD is mahoosive!! In comparison to the other 2. Only reason I went for the Incredible S was the fact it had a slightly better camera, screen was a lot crispier over the Desire S, and it will be upgraded tothe latest android firmware (2.3 gingerbread) in the next few weeks which the Desire S will not have (I think)

Desire S comes with 2.3, thought the incredible would have done so TBH!

Cooper S
Ok well my list is now like this:

- HTC Desire HD
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Google Nexus 2

Just depends on when the new Galaxy and Nexus are out on Orange (not even sure if the Nexus will be) and how much they cost! Hopefully there's some more news within the next month!

i jst read reviews abt newly launched samsung galaxy s2 as a successor of galaxy legacy and its the best galaxy android available in the android market 2day even better than iphone with much advanced features and according to me( as per its specs described on various sites)it will be more beneficial to an individual having requirements such as browsing, gaming, watching videos and video recording. Its predecessor galaxy s was a sort of ferrari but this new version to me is like ferrari with thrust..

Samsung's Galaxy S2 has got a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display which operates at a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and offers more sub pixels than anything else on the market even AFAIK tablets, have large sizes.The Galaxy S2 runs on the ever popular Android OS version 2.3.4 to be precise, and the platform runs super-smoothly on the powerful device.

Samsung Galaxy S2 offers both (8MP)primary as well as (2MP)secondary camera with up to 1080p video capturing ability.

Mk3 clio 1.5
ive got the galaxy s. epic phone, cant beat it. until the s2 came out, id defo say go for that, as working for o2, never had a complaint for about one.

Cooper S
Thanks Jemmy...I am getting the S2 though I've made my mind up! glad we agree! :)

Hi Brand86 ... the reason behind above review is my cousin bro had recently bought motorola Atrix that has no major difference than galaxy s2 except Motorola Atrix offers 960 x 540 pixel resolution a slight higher than galaxy s2 however still it doesn't at all match galaxy s2's capabilities. Motorola Atrix 4G jst offers 5 MP primary camera with 720p video capturing facility. However galaxy S2 is still superior:D

Snotter's
Does anybody know if the Galaxy s2 will be locked onto the o2 network? Im getting one free as an unwanted upgrade im on t mobile.

Clio 172 Cup
I've got a HTC HD2, which is currently running Windows Phone 6.5 and 7, Android Honey Comb (beta) and Gingerbread, best of all the worlds.

Just choose which one I fancy on boot.

182FF with cup packs
I found intereesting comparision of both handsets:),

OS (Operating System): Samsung Galaxy Ace has Android 2.2 Froyo OS installed in it and on the other hand HTC Desire HD has Android 2.1 Éclair but you can upgrade it to Android 2.2.

Memory And Storage:

Samsung Galaxy Ace has the 158MB of internal memory but it can be expanded up to 32GB via MicroSD card. HTC Desire HD memory can also be expanded up to 32 GB.

Processor:

Samsung Galaxy Ace has 800 Mhz Qualcomm Processor & Adreno 200 GPU along with 278 MB of RAM, which is considering to be a very fast processing speed when it comes to cell phone but HTC Desire HD has only 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7625 & No GPU along with 384 MB of RAM & 512 MB ROM.
Camera And Video Recording:
Samsung Galaxy Ace has 5 megapixel camera along with Auto-focus & LED Flash and gives resolution of 2592 X 1944 Pixels, you can capture HD videos at 15fps. Although HTC Desire HD also has 5 MP camera with auto focus and LED fash with resolution of 2592 X 1944 Pixels but video recording is comparitively low as compare to Samsung Galaxy Ace HTC Desire HD supports HD video recording QVGA @ 15 fps.
Connectivity:
Samsung Galaxy Ace has the following connectivity features:

• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
  • DLNA.
  • Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP.

On the other hand HTC Desire HD has:

• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g.
  • Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP.

Network support for both the phones remain same as 2G, 3G with HSDPA @ 7.2 Mbps there is no difference in it.

I dunno where you got your information on the Desire HD, but so much of it is wrong.

The Desire HD runs a 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8255 Scorpion (Snapdragon) with an Adreno 205 GPU (in fact no HTC Android handsets run the MSM7625). It comes with Android 2.2 (Froyo) on it but will upgrade to Android 2.3.3 (gingerbread), has 1.5 GB flash, 768 MB RAM, an 8 MP rear camera (3264x2448) with dual LED flash and is capable of recording 720p video. Oh and it supports DLNA as well.

Mk1 Ph3
Check http://www.gsmarena.com/ for specs of phones, you can compare the two as well.

I'm stuck on whether to get the Galaxy Ace or Desire S :dapprove:!

Has anybody ever used cashback websites like Buymobilephones.net and Affordablemobiles before?

S3, Polo
^ And the update to 2.3.3/ software #2.37 means you currently can't root your phone either (if that's your thing).

Snotter's
Does anybody know if the galaxy s comes with a setup disk? It asks for one when i connect but i didnt receive anything with the phone.