ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

n900

1.5dci
Trying to decided what phone to get on my next contract, currently the decision is still between the Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire and the Dell Streak.

Thought about n900 this afternoon, has anyone got it and have any comments/reviews on it, I know it's getting an old phone now, but can it still keep up with the others?

I have one reason it'd be a better phone for me, but never seen one or used one, so it's a step into the unknown

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yes have an n900 and love it.

mulit tasking all the way.

its very rare i have like less than 5 web pages running at the same time now, saves keep loading them each time.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
its a good phone was gonna get it but its not too far from my n97 mini so i will wait. but its fully functional the wi-fi on it is better than the iphone. and has better battery life. apps are pretty good on it via ovi. and it comes with free sat nav that isnt half bad. it even has isle of man map built in which tom-tom cant even do on the shop bought one

Clio 182 cup'd
I had a play with a mates, I didnt like it, it was unresponsive when I used it, and its fat and ugly too. I would consider the Desire with those options.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
its a good phone was gonna get it but its not too far from my n97 mini so i will wait. but its fully functional the wi-fi on it is better than the iphone. and has better battery life. apps are pretty good on it via ovi. and it comes with free sat nav that isnt half bad. it even has isle of man map built in which tom-tom cant even do on the shop bought one

WTF... its nothing like the n97 mini. there so so so so different

1.5dci
Yea worried it wont be much of a difference from what i've got now, the 5800, just a different os and a physical keyboard.
Been tempted by the desire mostly, with the streak becoming every more popular in my mind. The problem is i've not got a very good success rate with capacitive screens, my fingers arn't real according to the ones i've got/used, want a new smart phone though, and finding they are all capacitive

n900 seems so nice though, like the fact you can just apt-get stuff.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the n900 is very different from other nokias, different layout completely.

go to a shop and have a play, i sold my n97 mini for the n900.

also full flash support, which i love i can access any web site without problem. who needs a f**king app when i can actually access the proper site

ford cougar 2.0 16v

also full flash support, which i love i can access any web site without problem. who needs a f**king app when i can actually access the proper site

i didnt realise it had full flash support, may have to get me one of those. may have to get one tomorrow.

1.5dci

Sounds good, will have to see if i can get to town sometime soon, only pain is i'd need to change network across from o2, which i've always been with my life, and have a nice loyalty discount with them for my last phone too. Sounds nice though, looks like there is a nice community for maemo too

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i didnt realise it had full flash support, may have to get me one of those. may have to get one tomorrow.

yep no ebay mobile, you get full ebay. no app for facebook you get proper facebook (although there are countless apps for fb)

Sounds good, will have to see if i can get to town sometime soon, only pain is i'd need to change network across from o2, which i've always been with my life, and have a nice loyalty discount with them for my last phone too. Sounds nice though, looks like there is a nice community for maemo too

there is a big maemo commuinity and as this isnt an apple anything and everything is customizable.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no turn by turn for the n900 sadly.

yes its sat nav but very basic. all other nokias have full sat nav but for some unknown reason the n900 doesnt.

1.5dci
ah kk, I guess it still might come, my 5800 had the basic but was then updated to turn by turn, yet a friend with the n97 had to wait longer to get it, finally the update for it came. Althoguh if you've got a seperate satnav your not missing much, i've been very tempted to give up on it a few time and by a separate unit, the route calculation, and especially the re-calculation is poor. Instead of re-calculating, it takes you around the houses to get back on the road it wanted you to go on, without noticing that it'd meet up in a few minuets anyway!