ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Desire HD (Black) or Samsung Galaxy S / Ace

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm on Orange and these 3 phones seem the best. Currently got an HTC Hero and Desire HD sounds good, but also heard the Galaxy S is worth considering. The Ace is a new version but not sure of it's positioning in the range?

Phone gurus?

Cheers!

EDIT: Ignore the Ace, seen it's a middle of the road Jimmy!

Last edited:
  Clio 172mk2
ace is a bit lower, but has smaller screen, galaxy s2 mini will be the faster spec one this year

desire hd is a good fone but for me it feels too big, and if yer willing to go for this size wait for the samsung galaxy s2

if your wanting the upgrade asap id see which of the disire hd and galaxy suits u to hold and use, but the galaxy s doesnt have a flash for pictures.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cheers mate. Any ideas when the Galaxy S2 will be out then? My upgrades not due for a month or so but like to start looking early!

Clio 172mk2
most places where saying march but as with fones never really been ontime. Should be next month or so

Im same upgrade was sue last month but no point rushing into things with all the new dual core ones getting released. There was rumors of sony releasing more new hand sets with dual cores around same time as iphone 5, which i think is june

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I'll wait a month or so but there will always be something better on the way, if you want to always wait might never get anything! I will wait to see Galaxy S2 though, camera doesn't really bother me!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My Desire HD arrived today

I like that it's the size of Jupiter, much easier to type on the thing than my previous Hero

182FF with cup packs
If you're thinking of getting the Galaxy S, get a Nexus S instead. Pretty much the same guts, just with some added extras and also, you're pretty much guaranteed to get the latest Android updates first (being that it's a full Google Experience" handset)

Mito Sportiva 135
Cookie - how you liking it so far?

Pinko - saw that but it's not available (yet at least) on Orange. In fact the choice of phones on Orange isn't too great!

2001 Clio 172
Galaxy S 2 out at the end of this month apparently. Dates will vary depending on provider. I'm after one for my upgrade, thinest smartphone apparently. Dual core processor with 1gb ram. Sounds spot on to me :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm interesting, although do you know what networks it will be released on initially? Orange seem to take a while!

Cookie - I have a Hero now so until I see the Galaxy S2, the Desire HD is winning.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got the hero too, popped into my local T-Mobile shop today and they had a demo of the desire HD and got abit of a little shock how big it was. the battery was dead but it's still on my top of list

Mito Sportiva 135
As long as it's thin I don't mind it being too big though. Wouldn't mind comparing to the Incredible S though when it's out....

a thirsty one
Love my desire be had a few weeks now and no gripes, size a little big but doesn't weigh as much as you think. No issues carrying around in jeans pocket etc battery life a bit short but I bought a car charger for less than a pint of beer for emergencies. Galaxy s2 not out when I upgraded otherwise would have been a choice between those 2. IPhone hater you see.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok well my list is now like this:

- HTC Desire HD
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Google Nexus 2

Just depends on when the new Galaxy and Nexus are out on Orange (not even sure if the Nexus will be) and how much they cost! Hopefully there's some more news within the next month!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
In work my top selling handset is the desire HD and tbh it is amazing! The screen is so clear

But iphone4/blackberry bold 9780 ftw

Mito Sportiva 135
iPhones - too expensive for what they are, everyone has one

Blackberry - too business, although I'll look into the new Bold anyway. What advantages over the HTC?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 9780 for work, I wouldn't use it for personal

I don't honestly understand anyone that has a BB for personal use. It's good for emails and phone calls, and that's it

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh my sister has the torch, but seems no better than my Hero really and no fun stuff on it and doesn't look as good either.

Orange don't have the Galaxy S2 on their site yet, the fools!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive got a desire HD, the size of it is a definite + for me

dont even consider a Blackberry

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh is the Desire S better than the HD then?

Also interested how it is compared to the Nexus S too.

Incredible S is a better phone than the Desire S according to the CPW dude I seen - specs are almost identical except the Desire S uses gingerbread and has a 5mp camera, the Incredible S uses Froyo and has an 8mp camera (with all same specs as Desire S so upgrading to gingerbread should be a piece of cake)

Mito Sportiva 135
But Incredible S vs Desire HD though? Seem quite similar from what I've heard.

Also seen a big push on TV for WM7 phones on Orange - looks like they aren't going to die quietly!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh it looks good, no mention of it on Orange yet though - in fact nothing decent for them on the horizon. My earliest upgrade date is April 19th though so no rush but I don't want to wait another 6 months as they always seem to take a while to stock new handsets.

Desire HD is my fallback option though and if I can get it for a good price I may well go for that.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Yeh it looks good, no mention of it on Orange yet though - in fact nothing decent for them on the horizon. My earliest upgrade date is April 19th though so no rush but I don't want to wait another 6 months as they always seem to take a while to stock new handsets.

Desire HD is my fallback option though and if I can get it for a good price I may well go for that.
\they are coming down in price fast.

i waiting for this

http://www.htc.com/www/product/evo3d/overview.html

What's the advantages of the Desire HD over the Wildfire?

Bigger screen, high res screen, much faster processor, more memory, better selection of apps (wildfire cant handle them all with its screen res), build quality etc etc!