ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOW UNINFORMED !!!!!!!

mmmm, whoever it was started this thread..........

In reply, you are falling into the same trap that you are complaining about. You have lodged personal views on a public forum which will, as the forums have been designed to do, be replied to, by people who also have differing views.

Had you stuck to purely factual claims then youre arguement becomes resolute and no one can argue.

In short:

We all like Clios (I hope)

We all have different opinions

We all like to read others opinions (if not why are you on a public forum?)

We all have cars that vary slightly

We all are sick of this post

and on a personal note:

DONT BE AN ARROGANT GIT, I MAY BE 25 BUT HAVE BEEN A COMPANY DRIVER FOR 7 YEARS, COVERED OVER 200,000 MILES, TAKEN MY ADVANCE DRIVER TRAINING AND DEFENSIVE DRIVER TRAINING, AND HAVENT CRASHED ONCE WHEN IT WAS MY FAULT. DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON ALL DRIVERS, IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DIFFERENTIATE THEN DONT COMMENT AT ALL.

ARROGANT TIT!

to all sorry for rant but people being small minded does really get on my tits!

I dont think he has posted once since his original - LOL - Its made 5 pages without him. You lot are drinking too much caffine!;)

Quote: Originally posted by SoLow on 10 April 2003

to all sorry for rant but people being small minded does really get on my tits!
SMALL MINDED.............flicks through dictionary............... SEE: POLICE OFFICER :p

Right I have pulled a Dictionary out of BobRTE arse.

Chad your right, but currently the car I drive is a lease car technically not mine.

I wasn’t having a go at the 172 or saying how wanktastic the CUP is. I was simply saying I bought the CUP because it’s a CUP.

To say a CUP and the 172 are the same is like saying the CTR and the 172/CUP are the same cause they have a 2.0 litre engine.

People want different things, my brother drives a Golf V6 cause he wants heated seats and the rest, but its a dog to drive.

And you can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m a Club member are you Bob/Chad? I joined cause I like the car and I like talking about them, not to have arguments, you may meet me one day and in fact like me.

So lets all be friends OK;)

But the 172/cup are the same.....when you make them you jsut dont put in this and that part, ooooooh some diff wheels.

honestly, the cups a fantastic car, but if you think its some sort of soooper clio then think again, its just a teeny weeny bit more focused.

Im 20 and I have a brand new 1.2 16v Clio, I could have afforded a faster car but I bought mine because it was a) new b) it looked nice c) anything was better than my mk2 punto and d) the insurance was free for a year then it will be cheap next year. I have nothing against fast cars but that guy who started this off by saying about children driving and racing cars is bulls**t!!! Ive been driving for 3 years now, ive never been done for speeding, never had an accident that was my fault (touch wood) and only one other that wasnt (someone reversed in2 me in a carpark!!!). Coppers really bug me sometimes with their holier than thou attitude most of them speed more than anyone else. I have never seen a copper doing 30 in a 30 zone!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

I toasted a copper in a Mundano who was flashing me in a 30 for me to get out of his way! i couldnt just swerve into parked cars so i booted it and left such a massive gap between us before i pulled over out of his way, haha it took him ages to get past afterwards, they need faster cars, or not drive like twerps, theyre supposed to be setting an example. I hate it when they "force" you to move and its dangerous for you to do so - ive seen police hounding someone to drive over some red lights into traffic coming perpendicular to him just so that he could get to his murder victim or chase a car thats been stolen.

Theres another thing: If my car was stolen and the police knew where it was and which direction, id rather they wouldnt give chase than race after it (i think thats what all the advanced training is all about i.e. high speed road racing). Just think, if the scrub whod knicked a car was being chased and he wanted to get away from the police, just think how many more people theyd put at risk from the pursuit. A lot. I think they need to review how they go about joy riders. 90% of them end in crashes, or so ive seen on police camera action/stop etc. Ok youre cars stolen would you rather it get chased and rammed/crashed cause more death and then it blow up/right off and insurance job. OR just stolen and ragged/torched somewhere usually away from any people, still an insurance job. I know which id prefer. Besides the cops would have problems keepin up with my baby!! hehe

Just a few of my thoughts.

Quote: Originally posted by billabong on 11 April 2003

Coppers really bug me sometimes with their holier than thou attitude most of them speed more than anyone else. I have never seen a copper doing 30 in a 30 zone!!!
i once saw a copper driving along he came to a roundabout which had traffic lights on, as he reached them they turned red, he swithched his blue light on drove through and then switched it off again the other side of the lights the cheeky CNUT !!!!

Abarth 595 Trufeo

I like a number of other have completed advanced driving courses, the staff car and evasive driving, (with the army). I am 28 have never crashed into anything with out meaning to, in 11 years. And I to, am board with both coppers (60% of who have not completed any driving courses) and “kids” in cars that are too fast for them.

I think that we should take a leaf out of the Australians book, “P” plates for the first year and only aloud to drive a small engine car. You never know may help with all our insurance. When over there earlier thins year I herd that if you get court speeding you can challenge the copper to a race (on a track), you win and they drop the charges. Not to shore that this is an idea that we should bring in.

And as for the coppers, yes they do a great job keeping our streets free of crime BUT I do wish that they would observe the law that they are meant to be upholding. How often have you driven past your local cop shop and found that half of the force is parked on yellow lines, on corners etc.

In the end a car is a car, it gets you from a to b, it may do it in a bit more stile, with a louder ICE set up, and dare I say it maybe a bit faster, but you can only do 70 in a 70 before the coppers get interested. On the other hand, as long as you do it safely, there is no law that says you can’t do it in 7 seconds.

:)