ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOW UNINFORMED !!!!!!!

basically...

all ur cars are belong to us.

id wipe the floor with u all. id win. basically.... yeah.. there lol.

lol. only messin.

these kinda posts do make me laugh, my work collegues look at me funny like ive cracked...

Clio v6

Well that is the last straw. Im leaving this club. You lot are all common little insignificants. Just listen to yourselves arguing over your silly, inexpensive shopping trolleys.

MY V6 IS BIGGER, FASTER, AND MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ALL YOUR STUPID LITTLE NODDY CARS.

Now you all know your all just cheap, shallow, no nothings. So do me a favour and get a life for Gods sake, and stop all your pram toy rows.

PS. I feel very left out, your all nasty to me. Im going to my room to cry and I wont be back until you all say your very, very sorry.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PLEEEEZE ! ;)

a lot of the time Mugsize makes statements like loosing 5% power even when air con is switched off ?? and how his EVO beating CUP hits 60 in 6 secs and can do 150mph and can open a can of whoop ass on a mk1 172? presumably to the same effect as an EVO VII and can go rd bends 30mph faster and can outbrake one easily and is 5 car lenghts ahead by 2nd gear and hes has 190bhp std and 300nm of torque and blah blah blah

I applaud ren for making an old school hatch but theyve opened the door to a younger generation giving them a taste of a fast car. When i bought the 172 mk1 (silver) i was told it would be exclusive and thought only so many would be made. You know what happened after that. Renault suck for that decision. Like the williams also, as for values the std 172s will hold money better cups are going for over £1000 of list and then fall to less than 10k quickly after. Good car that the Cup is the performance difference isnt a step up for normal 172 owners 2ltr turbos are....

VW Potato

172man, no disrespect but, reno made similar exclusive claims with the first williams and we all know what happned then. Why would we believe their exclusive claims about the mk1 172? I think we can take what reno says with a pinch of salt.

g

Clio 197

There is no denying that the Cup is a more sporting car. The difference might be miniscule, but given drivers of equal ability, the Cup would be a good way ahead after a few laps of most any track. A few kilos makes a big difference when you are accelerating, braking and cornering.

And if the Clio meets with success in the Super 1600 and Grp N classes in rallying, the Cup might become a minor classic like the Willy.

I would be willing to bet that in ten years time a decent Cup will be worth a bit more than the 172 just as stripper 968CS Porsches are worth more than the luxury ones now and the Willy is worth more than say a 1.8 with leather and air.

there is a marked difference between a 968 club sport and a normal one :)

and i dont see how you can compare a cup to a super 1600 ?? totaly different car

if ren only made one mk like honda with the CTR then values would be better personally i like the luxuries of the 172 incl ABS

Ad

MK2 FRS

Its a choice whether to have a cup/172 or willy or/16v.......etc and there are always a number of defining reasons. I had the choice and was really torn, would have had a cup or 172 was overly bothered, 172 had slight preference cause i wanted the aircon etc mainly cause ive not had them before. Thats not to say I wouldnt be happy with a cup. I dont feel like I have to defend the choice and am not worrying about its value in 10yrs.

My feeling is overall that had choice of two fantastic cars and was priveliged to own either. Im not bothered by the cup/172 suff, just banter and as long as we all take it that way whats the issue???

All clios are fantastic:D

Oh please, this kinda thing is why I have stopped posting on here. At the end of the day, they are only bloody Clios, whether 1.2/rt/valver/williams/172/cup, in reality they are ONLY hot hatches, not real brutes like Ferraris or Lambos.

Its all real stupid of us all to think we own the faster or best car in the world.

Are we grown ups....I would hate for my children to act like this.

Bill.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 10 April 2003

yes all clios are great except the 1.2s lol hehe only joking :D
LOL.. stirring up a hornets nest there... considering the amount of cliio members on here have the 1.2

Clio 197

dogmaul,

The main difference in the 968CS is that it had less of the goodies standard. It was a marketing move to sell the 968 against lower cost competition. It is a better car on the track as a result of the slimming.

I am not comparing the Cup with the S1600. Merely stating that if the S1600 meets with success, the Cup and indeed all Clios will bask in the reflected glory.

Ed

the club sport costs less than a standard one still as well i know but there was a much bigger difference performance wise between the cs and normal sport coupe

320d M Sport

this thread didnt start as a my cars better than yours so thats just clouding the issue i think. What (amongst other things!) Blaze was saying was that hes sick of all the unsubstantiated claims from Cup owners. ie higher torque, rev limit, gearing, 72 in 2nd (!). I think he has a point on that matter as none of the above points have been proved or even tested, if they are then fair enough- no ones going to cry about it!

Lets have some hard facts for once.

Clio 197

The CS had the same power output as the regular 968. It did without soem of the goodies but you could custom order most anything. The point is that Porsche had to offer a cheaper version to meet the competition, and at the same time created a better performing car.

Once the Cup and the 172 have been wrung out on the track by their owners well know exactly how they stack up. The Cup could prove to be slightly more focused and a better track car. Time will tell.

VW Potato

so lemme get this right:

the CS was stripped of everything, BUT, you could pay Porsche to put back in the things youd paid for it to strip out? Nice little earner for Porsche, methinks ;)

g

Clio 197

With the 968 CS Porsche hadnt quite got their act together. They actually charged less for it, just like Renault with the Cup!

Now they do charge more to strip a car out!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

EBD???? do you meen that emergency brake assist??? cause if you did the 172 aint got it

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye the late mk2 172s had ESP with EBD.. dunno how effective it is though cause my one dont have it.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

mines got it but cant say ive noticed much diff with it on or off as far as the esp side goes. but i think it only does something if it thinks the car is out of shape wHile cornering. dont think i like the traction control though came on the other day when i hit 5000rpm in 1st in the wet and it feels the same as if the abs comes on ....very juddery

Never owned a Reanult, never driven a 172, wont have another Reanult.

But I bought a CUP for the reason that is fun to drive, cheap and looks the b****cks. I wouldnt want to pay £15000 for clio (Apart V6) not only because I dont want to but I cant afford it. It puts a smile of my face and that what matters.

If we all drove the same car, same colour wont life be dull!!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Cup172 on 10 April 2003

Never owned a Reanult, , wont have another Reanult.

But I bought a CUP for the reason that is fun to drive, cheap and looks the b****cks. I wouldnt want to pay £15000 for clio (Apart V6) not only because I dont want to but I cant afford it. It puts a smile of my face and that what matters.

If we all drove the same car, same colour wont life be dull!!
nor would I my 172 was only 12500 with 6 miles on the clock

and what do you mean never owned a renault never driven a 172 if youve got a cup???isnt yours a renault??? and isnt the cup and 172 basically the same car anyway?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I have just read all the threads.

Where is spell checker?

Never owned a Reanult, , wont have another Reanult.

But I bought a CUP

FFS! It is a REANULT - Sorry RENAULT!

This sounds worse than all the factions in Iraq strugling for a power hold on their country!

We are all OWNERS of some type of RENAULT! Does it really matter whos is faster/lighter/wider/lower/

Ill just get me coat!

Please turn the lights off when you leave!

Ta

Bob RTE

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

wtf is this all about!

can someone sum it up ive been away and cant be assed to read it all