ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to delete and reinstall internet explorer from Vista

vers le haut doigt milieu
Hello,

Normally I wouldn't ask such a question as it should be simple, however here is the story.

I have been using MacAfee and Symantec virus programmes on free trails installing a different one every time the free subscription expired, this was no good as they didn't let you update your database, I installed AVG free and it came back with a few horses, these have now been deleted. I was also able to find the random redirect script that has been pissing me off for ages and delete the script and Trojan application however doing this has left IE unusable, I tried to remove IE by using add/remove programmes but IE doesn't appear in this utility. I downloaded an upgrade for IE off another computer and upgraded the version I have but due to the unique advanced nature of the horse that was plaguing my computer it has rewritten the application of internet explorer so that I can not launch the programme with the infected script.

To sum it up how do I uninstall IE and reinstall it, I also do not wanna use Firefox or Safari as I think Fox is lame and has a interface only a geeky beta tester would enjoy (no offence just IMO) and using safari on a PC is a bit like buying a Mac and installing windows on it. If there is no other way then I suppose I could use Google chrome as I have a gmail account but that would give me the beta tester interface which I'm trying to avoid.

Any help would be great, thank you bash.

My Pc came with IE7 so I cannot revert back to IE6, I have tried to install IE8 beta upgrade but this doesn't work either. I called the internet explorer help line who told me to cal Microsoft UK who told me to call them between 9 and 6 Monday to Friday. You cannot download internet explorer for Vista as said above its an integral part of the operating system. I fear this is gonna get complicated.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
you might be able to do what you can with windows mail, basically google how to reset internet explorer. With windows mail you delete near ebough all the registry keys and all the contents int he wondows mail program files. when you reboot your system windows will rebuild windows mail. as the mial is as integral as IE i'd assume it'd do the same.

the only other thing i thkn you could do is formatt the computer and do a clean install. off your recovery disc.

Clio Dynamique
You could try creating a different user account on the computer and loggin on as the new user to see if you are still having the same problems, this will narrow it down to a per user or per machine setting.

you might be able to do what you can with windows mail, basically google how to reset internet explorer. With windows mail you delete near ebough all the registry keys and all the contents int he wondows mail program files. when you reboot your system windows will rebuild windows mail. as the mial is as integral as IE i'd assume it'd do the same.

the only other thing i thkn you could do is formatt the computer and do a clean install. off your recovery disc.

Done close to that but no joy (believe me I have done researched the whole scenario before as you can see via the amount of logical detail in the original post, so please don't say Google.) the I fear I have is its gonna be a case of waiting for Microwank or a fresh start via the recovery.

You could try creating a different user account on the computer and loggin on as the new user to see if you are still having the same problems, this will narrow it down to a per user or per machine setting.

Nope tried, it aint having it, the thing is the virus has rewrote the programme, its a amazing piece of software and hats off to the guy/geek who wrote it but as said its new(ish) and was not detected by any trail virus software due to inability to update its database.