ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to de-ice your windscreen like a boss

12586_10151342676059459_1772634068_n.jpg

975_10151342676109459_1363231743_n.jpg

486980_10151342676199459_935636757_n.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Kettle of luke warm tap water, over all the glass, done.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Empty 2 litre coke bottle with Luke warm water from tap, pour on, turn on wipers or else it freezes over again.

If I get time I don't mind sitting in car with it running and letting it get a bit warm. Hate a cold steering wheel so much.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Empty 2 litre coke bottle with Luke warm water from tap, pour on, turn on wipers or else it freezes over again.

If I get time I don't mind sitting in car with it running and letting it get a bit warm. Hate a cold steering wheel so much.

You need a Range Rover! Heated steering wheel/front windscreen/seats FTW!

Watch window crack... seriously don't poor warm water on a frozen windscreen

I'm lucky enough to have my car parked in my back yard behind the house - so I just start the engine and drink my coffee in the kitchen, when I go out it's lovely and warm lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Watch window crack... seriously don't poor warm water on a frozen windscreen

I'm lucky enough to have my car parked in my back yard behind the house - so I just start the engine and drink my coffee in the kitchen, when I go out it's lovely and warm lol

I've done it on every forecourt i've worked on since about 1999. Never seen a windscreen crack.

There is a big difference between luke warm water and hot water.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I use luke warm too and have done for years, never had an issue. Pour on, wipe off, go.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do it on a car with a stone chip in the windscreen ;)

Also.. seriously? A can of de-icer is like a quid

It may only be a quid, but doing 40 cars every morning for the whole of winter would get expensive! lol.

clio sold :(
Park it in the garage and your car never needs deicing. It forgets what frost is :rasp:

S3 Sportback, Ninja
In all fairness it would have taken longer to put that thing on the windscreen than chucking some water on it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines got a stone chip too and it's fine. Luke warm water. Then job done. It's an urban myth this screen cracking nonsense.

phase 1 flamer 172
Used warm water for years no problem, but sometimes i scrape or use de-icer, depends, tried covering the screen but thats too much work.

When it's -5 (3am this morning), even warm water freezes to the windscreen instantly leaving it worse than before. This took less than a minute to cover :)

Mercedes
I find simply reversing out of the garage is enough, if its very chilly I need the heated seats on 3 and the air scarf on 3, toasty

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Its basically hot air that comes out the headrest or there about for the kind of poofs who buy convertibles.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
swear there's 2 of these threads running side by side atm... anyway, tepid water on the windscreen id by far the fastest method imo as with those covers you will have to do the side windows etc, so might as well do the windscreen anyway.

People were moaning about wipers scratching windscreens in the other so I thought I'd show them how it's done.