ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Had a chat with the seller. The coilovers are 2 years old and have done about 7k. Same with the exhaust. Belts were done around the same time so don't need done for at least 2 years. I thought this would be worth around the £2300 mark maybe more IF the mods suit what the buyer wants(and they do really)

Cheers

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
well if thats your view pay what you want. where were the belts done? and dephaser noises.
mods only narrow your target market

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
Probably the 26k miles has something to do with it also completely untouched from standard. Does look nice have to say.

Clio 172 rep
ive got a 1.2 16v 53 plate black billabong full service history 71k good condition how much is thiss worth or roughh ideas pleaseee :D

RB FF 182
How much for a 55 plate RB 182 ff with full history. 78000. Belts done at 58000. 8 months mot. 6 months tax. Brand new clutch and recon gearbox. Recently refurbed wheels. Everything completely standard except scorpion exhaust and plastic inserts on the steering wheel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How much for a 55 plate RB 182 ff with full history. 78000. Belts done at 58000. 8 months mot. 6 months tax. Brand new clutch and recon gearbox. Recently refurbed wheels. Everything completely standard except scorpion exhaust and plastic inserts on the steering wheel.

2800-3100

Seriously?? I'd have that up at £3795. Alllllllll day long. Its a late RB!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
well you can sell for more-

as above lit at 3400 take a bit less it is nearly 80k....

S

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
54 plate Clio FF in RB, 86k ish, belts and dephasher done at BTM I think early 70k

Over the last 6 months it's had new OE rear discs/pads, front Brembo HC discs, Renault HT leads, NGK plugs
Aero wipers, Renault rear wiper, Renault number plate light
New Alpine headunit with I Pod lead, Alpine front speakers
Spax RSX coilovers bought new, about 2k done on them
Whiteline RARB
Speedline 2118 anthracite with Michelin PE2s
Milltek stainless with decat
RS mats

How much?

Fiesta ST-3
197 in Nimbus.

Full fat I guess Ie recaros anthracite wheels, xenons, cruise control, auto lights, climate control, auto wipers.

34k, 58 plate with FRSH. 2 previous owners. Interior mint.

Decent tyres all round tax and mot.

Body work mint, alloys mint.

Rough idea for a private sale?

S3, Polo
Just testing the water and seeing what my 2003 '03' Iceberg 172 would fetch:

First registered in May 2003
<63k miles

4 months MOT
4 months Tax

FSH
Belts done 3 years/ <20k ago.
Just had a full service that included:
- Fuchs Titan ProS (Arguably the finest fully-synth you can buy) and a genuine filter
- Correct NGK PFR6E-10 spark plugs
- 75W/80 TransElf gearbox oil and new sump washer.
- Coolant flushed and refilled with Renault-spec Type D coolant
- New Bosch Aero wipers and genuine rear wiper

JMS Matched, RS-stamped inlets enamelled silver (along with the fuel-rail guard).
'Like new' JMS Induction Kit with Pipercross foam filter.
New brakes all-around (Brembo HC's front with DS2500 pads on the front).
KTR Braided lines.
Fabia splitter.
Newly refurbished Cup Turinis in Anthracite powdercoat, fitted with ContiSport Contact 3's (
2x are new).
172 Cup wishbones.
New shock absorbers all round.
Eibach Proline springs.
New ball joints.
New Track-rod ends and laser aligned.
A/C just leak-tested and re-gassed.
Refreshed headlight lenses (no yellowing or crazing).

Full disclosure:
All faults that were present when I bought it a few months ago (knowing it needed attention) have now been addressed and fixed:
- ABS reluctor rings replaced.
- Non-functioning rear seat-belts replaced.
- New xenon headlight adjusters and rear-beam sensor.
- Sump gasket weep fixed.
- Cracked A/C pipe replaced along with all A/C pipe seals using a genuine Renault seals kit.
- Thermostat housing leak fixed and new thermostat and seal used.
- New bonnet seal
- Unblocked scuttle panel drains.
- Now has a fully-standard interior in superb order (regardless of age/ mileage!).

Bodywork and interior are in excellent condition with no melting on the steering wheel (thumb-grips are in superb order, too!) but there is some very, very minor wear to the side bolster of the pilot's armchair.

Car LITERALLY needs nothing!

Last edited:
  S3, Polo
Thanks for that Steve! Reason for me testing the water was that I was offered a once-in-a-lifetime deal on a friend's S3 (A5) so I wanted to know what the Clio was worth, now I've got it bob-on. Just had a call and it looks like his wife's just killed off any potential deal, though. Grrrr.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My 200, registered July 2009, MOT expires July 13, VED expires 30th November.

Standard non-Cup model so full climate, keyless entry etc. without any options fitted except for rear parking sensors.

FSH, maintained regardless of cost (both front ball joints replaced for recent MOT at cost of £500).

So what's it worth then?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
My 200, registered July 2009, MOT expires July 13, VED expires 30th November.

Standard non-Cup model so full climate, keyless entry etc. without any options fitted except for rear parking sensors.

FSH, maintained regardless of cost (both front ball joints replaced for recent MOT at cost of £500).

So what's it worth then?

assuming Average mileage about 8500 - 9k

S

56 plate Ultra Blue 225. 55k miles. FSH. Belts done at last service. 12 months tax & MOT.

LUX model, so pano roof, full leather seats, keyless entry, full climate etc.

RB 182
FF RB 182 - was looking to buy

04 Plate
92k miles
FSH - Clean HPI - Receipts etc
Belts done 3k ago
Speedline Turbines & OEM wheels
crack in windscreen (needs replacing)
slight crack in front bumper.
Full scorpion decat exhaust.

Estimated value?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FF RB 182 - was looking to buy

04 Plate
92k miles
FSH - Clean HPI - Receipts etc
Belts done 3k ago
Speedline Turbines & OEM wheels
crack in windscreen (needs replacing)
slight crack in front bumper.
Full scorpion decat exhaust.

Estimated value?

£2k.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thanks mate, good job i left it! reckon it's worth waiting for one with lower milage?

Mileage isn't an issue providing its got full history. But I see no need to buy a car with cracked bumpers/windscreen. Stinks of neglect.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Hey guys - I am in the process of trying to sell my Clio as I am looking to upsize since the birth of my daughter in March - but not had much luck selling it I am looking around the £2500, was offered £1650 p/x so I felt £2500 seems an OK amount to sell private.

Just your thoughts and opinions?
2005(55)
55,000 Miles

TAX UNTIL 31/1/13
MOT Until April 2013

- Immobiliser
- Passenger airbag
- Sports seats
- Front electric windows
- ABS
- Vibe BlackAir69 6x9s
- Door card speaks with Alpine SXE-1325S (2x front 2x rear)
- Subwoofer Wiring
- Rear and front window tints
- Renault 15" Alloys (These can be placed back on)
- Lenso Samuari 17" Alloy Wheels (Paid £650.00 brand new last year)
- Brand new black colour coded Headlamps

It's got part service history (Last serviced May 2010)

541991_364593146948385_89993759_n.jpg

I bought it back in August 2010 on finance for £3999 which was cheaper and had lower miles than other Clios I was looking at, at the time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Remove the terrible tints, the terrible wheels, refit the front fog lights, take out all the audio crap and you'll sell it for £2500. Very quickly.

Leave all that crap on there, and you'll be lucky to sell it at all.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Remove the terrible tints, the terrible wheels, refit the front fog lights, take out all the audio crap and you'll sell it for £2500. Very quickly.

Leave all that crap on there, and you'll be lucky to sell it at all.

Hey thanks for the reply - was thinking of removing the tints, it did not come with fog lights :/ which is a real downer. I saw you mentioned in the post about the belt? It was done at Wilsons Auto (Renault Approved) on 03/06/09 at 29937 miles, if thats any help on the valuation too mate?

Last service was at Renault Birmingham on 15/5/10 at 43,900 miles

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
2003 172
Black
89k miles.
Body work/interior in decent condition.
Toad CAT1 alarm fitted with remote engine start.
Mostly FSH.
In past 18 months:
New front brakes, wishbone balljoints, rear shocks (genuine renault), new cat back exhaust only a few months old, new gearbox mounts.

Any ball park figures?

2003 172
Black
89k miles.
Body work/interior in decent condition.
Toad CAT1 alarm fitted with remote engine start.
Mostly FSH.
In past 18 months:
New front brakes, wishbone balljoints, rear shocks (genuine renault), new cat back exhaust only a few months old, new gearbox mounts.

Any ball park figures?

Without belts done or needing done soon ~£1250
With Belts done with invoices somewhere respectable ~£1750-2000

IMO of course.