ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

172 Cup
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

My 172 Cup is going to make way for a VW Caddy so just wondering about a price for it.

2003 52 plate
80,000 miles
Part Service History
Recent new tyres
Recent front pads/discs
Last service in December 2011 had:
  • Renault Original Cambelt Kit & Seal Plugs + Rocker Cover re-seal
  • Renault Original Aux belt
  • Renault Original Oil filter
  • Renault Original Sump washer
  • NGK PFR6E-10 x4 Spark plugs
  • 75w80 Gearbox oil
  • 5w40 Fully Synthetic engine oil
  • Renault Original centre exhaust mount
  • Renault Original rear discs & bearing's
  • Renault Original rear pads
  • Renault Original track rod-ends x4
All done at the end of last year by Michael Woodford Motorsport

Since then it's had:
4x Genuine Renault shocks
Eibach Sportlines
New windscreen
Lambda sensor

It's got 6 months MOT and 3 months tax.

What kind of price do you guys think I should be looking for?

Anyone??

Hello all,

I'd appreciate your input/valuations

New job with company car is making me consider selling my pride and joy.

I've done my usual trick which is buy a decent car then spend whatever it takes to bring it up to spec.....

So, the details:

53 plate 172 Cup
Iceberg silver
58k miles
Part history (20k gap in service between the last owner and me getting it)

So onto the work I've had done to the car in the past 7 months:

New front and rear Brembo discs & pads (Jan 2012)
X4 new Conti contact sport tyres (May 2012)
Cambelt, aux belt and dephaser done @ Birchdown (Nov 2011)
Full service done @ Birchdown (Nov 11)
Exhaust fixed and new ball joints @ Birchdown (May 2012)

Exterior is in lovely condition, few tiny scratches.

Alloys in good condition but to being them back to mint condition will need a refurb at some point but not got round to that yet.

Interior also good, steering wheel ok not too melted but thumb grips starting to crack at the back.

Rest of the car is completely standard - I'm not one for messing about with lowering cars etc I just like them as they should be

Couple of pics.....

5284ea43-6dd5-1db7.jpg

5284e886-6def-110b.jpg

Really is lovely little car and I'm torn with what to do with it.

I suppose the replies on value will help me to decide :)

Look forward to any input

Thanks

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I had a sliver cup starting with YF53.

But in answer to your question, i'd personally try and get £3000 for it.

Ah really ? The other part of the reg is CYH - Is it the same one ?

Appreciate the quick reply btw - As much as it pains me to say it I'd be happy with £3k.

It might appear in the For Sale section soon....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I think mine was CFR.

You will get £3000 for that car so be patient and don't let someone knock you down too much. Its hard to find a straight one with the proper tyres and good history from someone like birchdown.

Silver just makes it even rarer again.

Lovely.

Thanks again Daniel, agree with you comments around the price. I know i've got a good one.

Cheers

Iceberg Clio 172

2003 (03) Iceberg 172

2 previous owners before me, 57k miles.

Belts and dephaser being done end of the month.

No mods.

Private plate would be removed

Its recently had a new windscreen, climate control motor was buzzing so changed that and Ive got a headlight washer jet to change. (All wear & tear stuff so doesn't really affect value I know, but worth a mention.)

Dealer service history up to 30k miles by first owner then serviced regularly by second owner until it came to me but no proof as history log lost by previous owner. (So probably disregard this bit - but I trust previous owners as I know them both but obviously you don't!)

6a8c1142.jpg

SAM_1581.jpg

SAM_1582.jpg

SAM_1585.jpg

Potential new job with 40mile round trip is making me consider selling already!! :(

LY Megane R26 230

172 cup in moindial blue
9 months mot
9 months tax
Belts and de-phaser done @ 85k
All new shocks,bottom arms,bushes front and rear
New rear discs and pads
New top engine and lower gearbox mount
Powerflex Dogbone lower
Eibach sportlines
15" Oz F1's with 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 2's
Some history

Overall tidy car with a few marks here and there

White APE

I know this isnt a clio but didnt want to start another thread on this.

My sister is thinking of selling up her Mini Cooper S. Its an 02 with 101k on the clock. Electric blue, white roof, white bbs style wheels.

172 cup

2005 silver ff 182 fsh genuine 42,000 all mot's oil change by me in-between services, absolutely mint!
Anyone?

Rs200

1998 1.2 5 door in red just had full body respray, 1 years mot, 67k on clock has previously been a cat c but i have vic certificate and car is very straight? any ideas i want around 800 as i have found a dynamique that i want, or is that to pricey?

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197

Right, testing the water..

2005 (05) Clio 182 in Arctic Blue with both Cup packs and the usual leather seats, climate etc.

Covered 83k, full service history with belts done in 2010/20k miles ago (albeit the last service filled out by myself, but have a stack of receipts in the book to back up everything!), about 9 months MOT, 6 months tax, visually in pretty good condition (no major dents and only some scratches on the bonnet, 3 alloys in very good condition, 1 with some scuffs), completely standard.

Mainly looking for trade-in as I can't be bothered shifting it privately, been told by one place I asked that it's worth 1750 max trade in...what's it actually worth, both private and as a part-ex?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some input here. I love my clio but unfortunately I've only done 4,000 miles in the two years I've had it. It's a 2004 model, and now has 78k miles on the clock.

I paid £3,300 for it and have since done the below to it.

Turinis = £600 (Still mint condition)
Splitter = £20
Eibach sportlines + fitting = £240
Re-map and exhaust = £632
Badge = £40
Tyres = £288
Bullets £35
Sony CD player (Ipod compatible) - £80

That's £1647 (haven't included tyres) and considering I paid £3,300 for it that's £4947.

understand nobody necessarily wants the 'upgrades' but I'm sure there will be someone who is willing to pay a little bit more for...Also the exhaust is a obvious upgrade (stainless steel (It's a miltek) and the re-map helps!)

I think I would be fair to ask for around £3,500 for it? £200 more on what I paid but considering how much work I've done to it and only driven it for 4,000 miles is £200 really to much to ask for? (£3.5 in comparison to the £3.3 I paid)

Pictures below

ok64wg.jpg

2exx62o.jpg

beezo7.jpg

n1xaq9.jpg

okdfg6.jpg

ogj9jo.jpg

657ldz.gif

25qunpj.jpg

261gjs5.jpg

a2vts8.gif

opte1f.jpg

Thanks guys!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

prices seem to be all over the place. 1.5k is daft for a 182 how are the prices so low?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3993872.htm

not had any interest in this, ive lowered the price to 2.5 on ebay and gumtree, just wondering am i asking to much for it?

Yes. Its not good mileage, its in the most common colour and its been modified.

I'm not trying to piss you off mate, just saying it how it is.

I sell loads of 172/182's and the modified ones, especially with over 80k on them, are harder to sell.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

Yes. Its not good mileage, its in the most common colour and its been modified.

I'm not trying to piss you off mate, just saying it how it is.

I sell loads of 172/182's and the modified ones, especially with over 80k on them, are harder to sell.

a honest opinion is what im after so its apreciated, whats it worth? would it be worth returning to standard?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Its worth about 1700/1800 Standard - so you probably have 2k all in with the car

S

Currently trying to sell my White 2010 Gordini RS200. It's in amazing condition and has barely done any mileage. I heard the white Gordini was especially rare and retained it's value well. I've gone for £15,000 o.n.o. but it hasn't had any interest yet.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/4019678.htm

Any thoughts?

Cheeeers.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Im sorry to break it to you but your probably around 1.5-2k over the top on price- its 2 years old now
Also new owner will be the third-

All the Gdini range never took off- whether it be blue black or white-

best of luck with the sale-

S

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini

Hi all,

I'm not thinking of selling but wanted to check i'd not paid over the odds on mine.

2007 '57 plate
Ultra Red Clio 197 F1 Team (R27)
Full history
No options (std headlights, no climate just ac, no auto lights etc)
57k miles
belts due in 6 months
Recaros in good condition, slight wear on pasenger seat only
Good bodywork, no dents but a few stone chips
wheels could do with a refurb.

What's it worth (private sale)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Hi all,

I'm not thinking of selling but wanted to check i'd not paid over the odds on mine.

2007 '57 plate
Ultra Red Clio 197 F1 Team (R27)
Full history
No options (std headlights, no climate just ac, no auto lights etc)
57k miles
belts due in 6 months
Recaros in good condition, slight wear on pasenger seat only
Good bodywork, no dents but a few stone chips
wheels could do with a refurb.

What's it worth (private sale)

Seen a few like that around 7k

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I'd say closer to £5500 with all the recon work needed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Seat Refurb, wheel refurb and Belts due.

Once those are done, I'd agree with £6995 on a forecourt.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini

Seat Refurb, wheel refurb and Belts due.

Once those are done, I'd agree with £6995 on a forecourt.

I know it's my car, so I would say this but I think it's worth a lot more than 5.5k. I can't find any r27's anywhere near that price, even ones with 80k on the clock. The seats aren't worn enough to warrant any reconditioning, it's a slight worn patch, no tears etc. 2006 std 197's with high mileage still fetch this sort of money.

Anyone else any thoughts?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

Standard 172 in iceberg. Fsh. 50k due belts next year. Good condition. What are your thoughts?

I would say if good tyres wheels are tidy you havent said how old anywhere from £1800-2300 maybe a touch more.

I know it's my car, so I would say this but I think it's worth a lot more than 5.5k. I can't find any r27's anywhere near that price, even ones with 80k on the clock. The seats aren't worn enough to warrant any reconditioning, it's a slight worn patch, no tears etc. 2006 std 197's with high mileage still fetch this sort of money.

i would say 6-6.250k really. with all the stuff done then higher

Anyone else any thoughts?

Ph2 172

ADVICE NEEEDED!

I have recently had a front end crash in my clio 03 plate iceberg 172, the front crossmember has been slightly bent on the drivers side and is causing the bonnet not to sit straight, i bought all replacement parts e.g. the front bumper and a new bonnet, ive been to a local garage and they have told me that it will cost around £500 to repair, the cars its self is in brilliant condition, the engine has just had a cambelt done in december by danny @ 519 and the gearbox is faultless, the engine currently sitting on 61k miles

I was just wondering how much the car is worth, its sat on a brand new set of gaz gha's, vibratechnics engine mounts, dogbone mount, decatted with custom straight through exhaust, pure motor sports air con delete kit, interior is in very good conidion with a little melting on the right hand side thumb grip, please give me a ball park figure and if anybody out there wants to buy this to either fix or break, please pm me

Thanks Chris

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

ADVICE NEEEDED!

I have recently had a front end crash in my clio 03 plate iceberg 172, the front crossmember has been slightly bent on the drivers side and is causing the bonnet not to sit straight, i bought all replacement parts e.g. the front bumper and a new bonnet, ive been to a local garage and they have told me that it will cost around £500 to repair, the cars its self is in brilliant condition, the engine has just had a cambelt done in december by danny @ 519 and the gearbox is faultless, the engine currently sitting on 61k miles

I was just wondering how much the car is worth, its sat on a brand new set of gaz gha's, vibratechnics engine mounts, dogbone mount, decatted with custom straight through exhaust, pure motor sports air con delete kit, interior is in very good conidion with a little melting on the right hand side thumb grip, please give me a ball park figure and if anybody out there wants to buy this to either fix or break, please pm me

Thanks Chris

Probably worth around £2k, but it's one of those "depends what someone wants to pay" with a car that's been modified.

Ph2 172

Tbh if someone on here can do the work id see the back of it for £1500-1600 (bearing in mind gaz = £550 engine mounts £200 etcetc all new stuff too!!) tax is due this month and mot is due at the end of the next month, cutting losses on the car, also it drives perfectly straight which is handy!