ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much have you sunk into your Clio?

225 Cup & Williams
how much have u sunk into ure clio

Well I've owned my ph 1 form new. It only had 8 miles on the clock when I got it from Dover docks as it is an import. It. Cost me £10999. In 13 years I've easily spent that amount and more modifying it and I still haven't finished it lol

That's dedication keeping a car that long. What mileage is it on now?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
how much have u sunk into ure clio

Jeez, A lot of money spent on clios and my mrs moans at me lol

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Re: how much have u sunk into ure clio

It's only on 62000. Its only really been a weekend car as I've have a van for getting to work. I am thinking its about time I got a new car....it might even be the mk 4 Rs :eek:

Clio sport 182 cup

I think both Ash and porkie are well over halfway to doing 100K on a single clio each, do you think you have gone past that? If so what spec is yours?
I,ve spent about the same as them, that's not including buying the car for £10000, it's been turbo'd to about 360 BHP, i think the only things that are not mod'd on mine are the panels and chassis LOL!

My flamer probably came to 6k, buying 2nd hand parts and a dirt cheap car to start kept it reasonably cheap i guess. I doubt i lost over 1.5k when i broke it.

The monaco was 3.3k and ive probably only spent £200 on that so far on little bits and mot. This car is a bargain though considering its not far off the spec on the ph1 already but already quicker.

I always try to get stuff 2nd hand when possible, i also always try to sell anything thats taken off/not needed.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

Car cost me £8700 back in 2004

full exhaust fitted £600

sports cat £280

coilovers £600

various induction kits over time £3-400

engine hoses blue £360

polished header tank £100

show cage £400

front & rear brakes £550

Prob wasted a good 3000 on various sound systems over the years.

bbpt turbo kit fitted 2005/6 £7800

rwd started 2007

More engine work/repair and new parts.£4-5000

2-helix clutches £800

front end bumpers wings etc £200

rear subframes x2 one turned out bent. £120

2 new driveshafts £320

Lexan windows all £380

fuel tank £150

fuel swirl pot £80

fuel pumps x2 £180

sparco steering wheel £160

sterring boss £50 and £45

carbon bonnet £120

davies Craig water pump £290

charge cooler second hand £80

new chargecooler pump £80

new wheels standard £150

hi spec rear brakes £900 with handbrake cables.

hi spec front brakes £850

dash 2 £500
dash carbon backing £60

new dash full x2 -£160 one flocked.

carbon door cards £120

short shifter £155

new headlights £80

recaro spotters £1150

Prob missed loads but alone that's £34,970

and that's not including insurance etc

Monaco blue 172

Coilovers 150
splitter 10
Poly dogbone 45
Cat back and de-cat 90
filter set up 60
Custom air con delete set up 50
pads 30
HEL braideds 40

Not very much tbh. Including buying my Monaco I'm probably 1600 quid into it.

clio 172

Bought the car in december 2012 and to date in stands me at £4782 inc buying the car thats not inc insurance

Sunflower Ph1 172
More than the value of the car just having the engine and gearbox rebuilt... + waterpump, belts, looms, exhaust, locks, ECUs, driveshafts, coilovers, hub, discs, pads, 4 PE2s, ABS sensor, wheel bearings, filters and fluids

Don't dare add it up.

Spent £3.5k two years ago buying it
Not long had replacement engine, belts changed, RS2 manifold fitted and mapped, new clutch.
Then there are consumables such as 2 sets of front and rear discs and pads, and tyres.
Now the replacement engine looks to have dropped a valve and made a mess.

Honest answer is I don't know yet :S Only got the car recovered to MWM yesterday and I think the earliest Mike is going to get a proper look over it will be Friday.
I'm sure its not going to be a cheap day out, This engine that went was only fitted before CSS13 :(

Audi A5
The 197 has had about £500 spent on it so far and that's for wheel refurb, H&R spacers, H&R springs, RS mats, front disc, rear discs and a bottom ball joint.

should get that back when I sell it though as its in decent condition now.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Over 5k without servicing and insurance. But it's close to being finished. Owned the car for over 5 years so I've done it up slowly each year

I've just counted up all non-essential purchases. Came to about £800, which isn't bad.
Helps that I took the cup spoiler & exhaust off my last Clio to put onto this, which doesn't really count as a direct cost.

RB182cup&golf gti
Paid 13k ish for my 182 cup new in dec 2004. Other than FSH I have changed the back box c£400 and that's it I think. V low miles and not into modding cars, although exhaust is not standard.

I'm on 780 for car and nearly the same on parts! None essential I'm just too much of a perfectionist... I see a date code of 2000 and order a new part!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I paid 3.5k for the car, but that does not inc tax and insurance :/

It is a dedicated track car so suppose it does not count really.... Or does it? Bet there more ppl on here who have spent more than that.

If I count the cost of the car then is be 10k!! Tidy M3 money. But it's a hobby working on the car. I see someone on an earlier post has spent over 30k. A tidy deposit for a house