ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much have you sunk into your Clio?

Mk2 1.4 s
thought this would be intresting ill get it started ...

im driveing a 1.4 ph1 and have spent in total 3500 in rebuilding it as it was ready for car heavin when i got it spent so much plainly because i can get insured on a 172

Mk2 1.4 s
Re: how much have u sunk into ure clio

Flol still, you could've bought a nice ph2 with change for that. Are you mad!?

haha probably cant bare to sell it when i put more money into it, it gets harder to sell because im never going to get any sort of return also i got it free :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Last 172 Circa £1500

Current 182

£240 so far

Ph1 172 (titanium)
how much have u sunk into ure clio

I must be at nearly 6k on my ph1. Including buying and insuring. Mostly fixing bits on it :(

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

I Paid 2k for my old flamer

Seats £1.7k
Steering wheel £200
Full front end spray & rear bumper £600
Turinis £400
Gearbox & Clutch £600
Mats £50
KTEC boot Mat £50
Cup Spoiler £150

I could go on...... ~ 6k.
got about 5k back with the seats.

S

172/vx220t/m135i

Think I've spent about £1300ish and coming up to 3 years ownership maintaining my flamer and that includes belts & dephaser service and any bits that have needed replacing along the way.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

waay to much. House deposit money, And I'm not even joking!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

My mk1 owes me well in excess of £6000.

I feel sick every time I look at it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

I've spent so much money on the dog kennel that eventually,
i'll end up with a brand new car.

Oh and OP, you keep at it mate, dyslexia is a terrible thing but you'll get there in the end.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

I've put around 3 garnd into my cra.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I really don't want to know. I certainly don't skimp when it comes to car mods!

Ph1 T

About 3k plus buying the ph1 money well invested for what/how it's going to be running in my eyes.

ph1 172

My ph1 breakdown.

£700 for the car.
Yozza £350
Cage £1100
Fitting of cage plus painting inside and out ford diamond white £1050

So £3200 and I haven't even started yet lol and it looks like this ATM
qe3usube.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

I think the most I've spent on a car is three grand in twelve months, not all by choice lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

You think wrong. There's a for sale advert up, but nobody has bought it.

The amount of people that said they wanted it and not one taker? Standard cs i guess haha.. If i had the money for a track car id have had it but alas idint have the cash :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Clio was free in a sense, traded it in at a garage and my car was worth more.

Had it approx 9 month and bought

Spax spring and damper kit
Meercat catback exhaust
Speedline 2118s
Whiteline rear arb
Sabelt wheel + boss
Various carbon fibre bits
Trophy spoiler

The rest is all just serviceable items plus running costs so don't count them to be honest. Had around 10 different tyres on it since I bought it :eek:

Luckily 99% I have bought has been at cost price.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

waay to much. House deposit money, And I'm not even joking!!

+1, that was 4 years ago, she still hasn't fully forgiven me, although we still bought the house, i just had to borrow an extra 4k lmao

O

Oakley12

Bought it for £1750, insured until may for £650

Then spent roughy £800, since the 3rd of January (when purchased)

RB 182 (Cup Pack)

I can understand all the people spending £5K plus on a Clio if they're in it for the long haul, but to spend that kind of money then sell up a year or so later? Madness.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

We've spent probably between 7-8K on our RS2 car, with the main costs being:
Buying car : 1600
Engine upgrade (uprated parts and rebuild parts and RS2 and cams and 182 manifold/cat) : 3000
Seats : 650
Suspension and steering refresh : 600
Wheels and refurb : 300
Tyres : 200
Brakes : 250
Number plate : 300

Then loads of smaller items like a nice breather setup and a set of decent HT leads and new driveshafts etc that all come in at around the 100 quid mark each.

But ive only spent half of that as that car is one that me and Lesley share, and we have gone halves on all costs, so it owes me personally about 3.5-4K

Then my turbo owes me about 9K now including buying it and the forged engine rebuild and the uprated diff and clutch and gearbox rebuild etc.

My mk1 only owes me about 7K or so with the main costs being Autronic and a quaiffe diff and the shell/cage itself, and the engine rebuild with cams and the datalogger/dash which all cost around a grand each, then loads of smaller items like a few hundred for a gearbox rebuild, few hundred quid for a number plate, 100 or so for a clutch, 100 or so for a race battery and mount.

So in the last couple of years Ive spent just under 20K on the 3 clios which actually sounds quite a lot when put like that, especially considering Ive also spent a few K on wheels and tyres in that time for track use but I havent included those in any of the above as they arent for one specific car.

But on the other hand thats about the same that I spent building my sierra in total so getting 3 cars for the money (well 2.5 I guess as Les owns half of L22OCD) instead seems like pretty good value :)

Of all the cars Ive ever had, I reckon our RS2 172 is probably the best money spent, overall its my favourite and I know its the mrs favourite by quite a margin, it just does everything so well as an all rounder, its comfy enough for long journeys, its good on fuel, its reasonable on track, and other than the belt failing not long after we got it and some problems with the electronic throttle body, its been amazingly reliable for the 30K or so miles we have done now including dozens of trackdays and an epic trip to the ring and spa. Its not amazing at any one thing, the turbo clio or the nova or the sierra all completely slaughter it for straight line pace and the mk1 on coilovers and a quaiffe etc would murder it in the bends, but to me its just the fact it scores fairly highly on every single metric I can think of to judge a car by, I can honestly say if the law changed and instead of 10 cars I had to have only 1 car for the rest of my life to do everything with that I cant think of a car I would sooner own.
Only thing left to finish it off to make it my personal idea of the totally perfect all rounder (other than a tidier shell as its got a few chips and scrapes although that doesnt bother me personally) would be a quaiffe diff, but unless the gearbox has to come off for another reason I doubt it will get one as its only very occasionally on track that its missing it really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

My mk1 owes me well in excess of £6000.

I feel sick every time I look at it.

I feel sick Ive got nowhere to keep it cause for what you had it advertised for I would have loved to have taken it off your hands, but ive already got a few cars in paid storage ive not seen for years and the mrs wont let me get another one unless I get rid of some of those, lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

must be around 4k on my dci. which isnt bad tbh knowing how bad it was when i first had it