ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much camber do people run?/How much recomended.

Just wondering how much camber people on here run on there cars I know the race cars run 4 degress or so and it shows but what about modified?

Its just I've adjusted mine and from my quick maths (no idea how to do inverse tan on the normal calculator). It looks like I'm running 2.4 degrees of negative or so is this to much the car does seem quite frisky at the back in the bends it lost its wanting to understear on my quick test (then again I've not checked or adjusted toe in).

optimum camber totally depends on what amount best uses the tyres contact patch under load, nobody can tell you what you should be running.

Optimum will also change with tyres used, road conditions and surface and general 'speeds'.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
mines are set quite wild.. i think maybe 2 or 3... good fun on the bends, feel the grip on te outside tyre loads more!

Would that be to much though sor the soft none R|S suspension though You recomended 1.6 the bolts I was told give 1.75 maximum difference and with a stock about -0.1 I thought that would be about right only after I've fitted it it seems they might have been slightly wrong.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
After my coilovers went on, I had mine set by laser geometry at -1.5 as a recommended figure for general use.

Chocolate Bar™
mines currently set at -0.4 in order to maintain even tyre wear. if i wanted to track it, i'd probably change it a bit to around -1

I'm running -2 and its great.

If you do a lot of cornering like me, go for -2 but if you do a lot of highway driving go for -1. Stock is around -1.

I currently run 2.5deg negative and it is WAY too much for road use!

All depends on your geometry settings, if you are running toe-in on the back than 1.5 is OK
but if you're running toe out on the back than 0.5 to 1 deg max!

Honestly I find excesive front camber very dangerous on the road.
Never exceed your back end camber or your car will get twitchy and you will loose your rear end without warning.

Cheers