ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you lodge a claim with Paypal/Ebay

B

Brown.

if you bought through paypal dont bpther with ebay, just go to resoloution centre in paypal, pick the 'dispute an item' and then pick the item then a reason etc......paypal will sort it out, once sorted then leave ebay feedback etc.

ebay dont give a s**t about you any more tbh

paypal will get you a refund even if the seller says on his ad 'no returns' paypal are awesome from a buyer POV

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'll second that big peaches, they will lift it straight out his bank no probs aswell.

AK

M240i
Tried to lodge it with Paypal and they said it's not eligible, have sent both Ebay and Paypal an e-mail.

Will see how this pans out lol

B

Brown.

Whoa not elligable ??? whats the terms of the case ? pm if you dont want to make it public ? i have had extensive claims maid and maid against me fyi.... might be able to help you

AK

M240i
Whoa not elligable ??? whats the terms of the case ? pm if you dont want to make it public ? i have had extensive claims maid and maid against me fyi.... might be able to help you

Basically ordered an item it arrived about a week later. The item was broken so i e-mailed seller etc saying it was broken, returned it at my own expense and have never received the replacement.
Paid on the 27th March 2009 sent item back about 2 weeks after that. So e-mailed e-bay, can't do jack. E-mailed Paypal and got this response:

"Dear Arif Khan,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We understand your frustration regarding this matter and regret any
inconvenience it might have caused you.

Our policy is to investigate a claim if it has been filed within 45
calendar days of the initial transaction. Unfortunately, we received your
claim on 25.5.2009 which is after the 45 day deadline and, therefore, we
cannot look into this claim.

We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180
calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular seller.
We will contact you by email if this is the case.

I recommend staying in contact with the seller in order to find a
resolution that you are both happy with.

If you'd like more information please have a look at our User Agreement.
You can find it by clicking on the 'Legal Agreements' link at the bottom of
any PayPal page. You will find specific information on the 45-day deadline
in the PayPal Buyer Protection policy and the PayPal Buyer Complaint
Policy.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Francesco
Protection Services Department"

So i guess there is nothing i can do?

Did you pay via gift?

Nope. Clicked the pay buttom via E-bay.

B

Brown.

bummer that like...... did you get confirmation of delivary? tracking info etc ?

if you can prove to him that you have sent the item and he recieved it keep badgering him.....if he says it didnt arrive lodge a claim with who ever you sent it with. royal mail tracked parcels normally come with 500 quid value insurance.

AK

M240i
I've had various e-mails with him. He has confirmed receipt of the item. And claims he has sent the replacement..

Will send him another e-mail and then it's negative feedback for him lol.

This that's a bit piss of Paypal only letting you make claims for 45 days!!

Cheers anyway mate ;)