ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you delete files from an FTP server

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
As above, i have half uploaded a website and wanna delete it off to start again!

Luke.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Type the Ftp:// address into your brouser, log in, select the files, delete them, and start from scratch ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Type the Ftp:// address into your brouser, log in, select the files, delete them, and start from scratch ;)
There is no option to deletee in my browser :(

Im using Iweb and wanna delete stuff off the server, so do i need to download an ftp client?

Scirocco GT 2.0
67396-delete-key.jpg

Download an FTP client such as File Zilla... this will allows you to add/delete multiple things aswell as many other options.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
there wont be a "option" to delete

Just highlight the files you want to delete and hit the Delete button, if there are no files, nothing was uploaded in the 1st place ;)

Yeah Filezilla is ok. I use FTP Voyager for business. AFAIK all decent FTP clients do the job. Browsers FTL.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Use Windows Explorer - rather than opening IE and going to the ftp address, go into My Computer and then go to the FTP address.

LY 200
Use Windows Explorer - rather than opening IE and going to the ftp address, go into My Computer and then go to the FTP address.

He's on a mac, think hes sorted it all out now after a few basic lessons LOL

Some other guy off here has helped to build his new wordpress based one

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh got it sorted now. Although i dont know how long the wordpress one will stay as its confusing!!! Thanks for the sessions btw whitey xxx