ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i get rid of this error on my desktop

Abarth Grande Punto
Everytime i switch my pc on i get this error message which is driving me mad, any ideas on how to stop it?? I also keep getting internet explorer pop ups! :mad: And before you ask, I havent been looking at p**n! :cool:

Heres the error

untitled-4.jpg

Thanks Again Stu

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
start > run > msconfig

See what program's in startup called MSLATE~1.exe

Stop it from starting

Abarth Grande Punto
im running full Norton 360, i dont know what else to do, whatever it is it is proper slowing my computer down!

Abarth Grande Punto
thanks dafthead that really helps didn't even know it existed! That does that menu actually do?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
It helps you control what programs are started when you turn on, tells you what the system is loading etc, very helpful, hope it works mate

Abarth Grande Punto
im also having trouble enabling window auto updates every time i try to it says do it manually via control panel but still not working!

any ideas on how to kill these pop ups?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
dunno about that mate, mine are all pushed out via wsus server at work so I can't play with the settings

Shed.
im running full Norton 360, i dont know what else to do, whatever it is it is proper slowing my computer down!

I can only describe Norton as being like a jar of treacle on a hot day outside.

it attracts Wasps AKA viruses.

format the puter mate, can you start it up in safemode?>

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I agree get rid of norton worst anti virus in the world hoggs the cpu. Use AVG free works fine for me since I removed Norton 360.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I did a test and on a slower computer Norton brought a 2 minute boot time computer to its knees taking 20 minutes to boot.

Its s**t ! hope you didn't pay for it !

Rav4
Granted norton is s**t.

But if you schedule it to scan every lunch time instead of system boot, it won't affect the boot time.*

AVG is good.