ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can this happen??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very poor show i think.

However i believe there is a rumour that anyone getting in financial trouble in that part of the world doesnt go bankrupt,they go to prison,hence the glut of cars abandonded at the roadside...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very poor show i think.

However i believe there is a rumour that anyone getting in financial trouble in that part of the world doesnt go bankrupt,they go to prison,hence the glut of cars abandonded at the roadside...

I heard this too.

Apparently if you think you're about to go tits up and have ran out of cash, you go to jail as bankrupcy is a criminal offence over there.

So, when things start to go a bit pete tong, people just park up the car, stick the house keys through the letter box, empty the bank and get on the first plane home!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He probably realised it drives like dog poo and bought something decent.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That isn't where its kept. Its outside the workshop that have been set the task of cleaning it up. Its just very very dusty over there.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
''It has been left outside for a long long time....the reason it has been brought in for work is the fuel pump has given up the ghost. The damage to the honeycombe bodywork is also massive...if you look closely on the offside you will see some of it.
''

''From what we know the car has been left forlorn by the current owner at his/her property in Qatar..we believe...as it has been in Beirut and Syria in the last 6 years.

The car was brought in due to a fuel pump failure and was shot outside the workshop in the Industrial quarter in Doha. It is a bit of hole hence the rough looking street scene.

Mechanically the car is believed to be ok...believed being the operative word here! In terms of bodywork there are some nasty dents on the rear quarter and door...and also damage underneath indicating it has been dropped on a four post lift at some stage.''

MERCEDES CLS AMG
To me it looks like the car is still in use as the tyres are inflated and the windscreen is clear. It wouldnt take much to turn a mint car into a dust covered mess in that area.

Are they not meant to be a bit rubbish anyway? Not even a good looking car IMO. Looks like it was styled by a school boy who was asked to draw a 'supercar'.

Saying that, Jaguar XJ220 Racing on the Amiga was pretty good. One of the first racing games to have a track editor IIRC.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are they not meant to be a bit rubbish anyway? Not even a good looking car IMO. Looks like it was styled by a school boy who was asked to draw a 'supercar'.

Saying that, Jaguar XJ220 Racing on the Amiga was pretty good. One of the first racing games to have a track editor IIRC.
IIRC Clarkson spun one so that means they must be really bad.

Right?

It's A Reno
I've never been a big fan of XJ220s, partially because they are nowhere near being the car that they were initially going to be (4x4, different engine etc, etc), but also because they're very big and a bit lumbering and ultimately not that technically cutting edge.

It all got very messy when they were launched and speculators climbed onboard, soaking up a lot of the slots.
When the revised spec was issued, and the bottom dropped out of the prestige car market, things got really ugly and tainted the car's image.

Lionel Richie
big f*****s they are!
DSC00032-1.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
One in Malton at the weekend. Has sparco buckets in it lol

DSC03313.jpg