ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how can i tell the difference?????

Hi guys i need a bit of help please

Im in the market for a new car, its a 2000 model however the guy has listed it as an 8V (75KM), and im wondering if it is possible for a 2000 year clio to be an 8V cause there is the possibility that he might not know if its an 8V or 16V, is there another way that im able to tell which it is just by the photos, i.e. looking at the engine bay???

thanks for any help, heres the link http://www.otomoto.pl/index.php?sect=show&id=C10893539

Cause if its an 8V then there aint much difference in me getting that car or a 1.2 16V :dead:

Da

Less
My 2001 8V didn't have a sunroof, I'm not sure if that applies to the Mk2 ph1 as mine was a ph2.

My 2001 8V didn't have a sunroof, I'm not sure if that applies to the Mk2 ph1 as mine was a ph2.

:lolup: haaha ok

na guys maybe i didnt make myself clear.I want a 1.4 16V, and i would like to know if there is a way to tell the difference between a 1.4 16V and a 1.4 8V just by looking at the engine bay from a photo?

The link above is the car i am interested in, however it has been listed as an 8V and i want to make sure that the guy hasnt got it wrong, because if it is an 8V then im not interested.

Clearer? ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not all ph1's were 8v's the ph1 "S" models were 16v's, but you can see this from the "S" on the side skirt.

Although I must say that looks nothing like my 8v engine... but it could just be an updated shape.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i cant find a picture of the 1.4 16v engine but it looks identical to the 1.6 16v engine so this is what your looking for

it may or may not have a silver engine cover over it

2121966260_de5c86200c.jpg

Clio
My god i've never seen a Clio with the exhaust mani on the front of the engine. Is this a euro thing?