ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home brew almost sheep boost bus build ect

so sorted my fuel return today
1E4C934E-2D5B-4C54-B052-945717DA35FD_zpstst3ok4k.jpg

B5DEF0BC-3A33-465B-A581-1A457672B456_zps6hubdsiy.jpg

and the binned t piece
102A07D0-5492-4BE4-B323-14826B362037_zpsoeawjder.jpg

also fitted some plugs and leads, then painted the oil cooler lines as they were a bit shouty
C14ADD35-6F57-4655-BD36-14CEA292BE82_zpsy2igb7et.jpg

epic job today decided that being a 15 year old clio meant that it will suffer from rust at some point, spurred on by the rust i found inside the rear arch the other day i decider to re-seal the whole underside of the car ( near enough anyway )
hopefully i wont be needing a re-shell anytime soon well not to rust anyway

D5CFB40F-E190-4517-ABBB-C18B85B22D5F_zpsb2ac3gkw.jpg

only pic i took as it was a messy job

whilst doing the front arches i pulled some amount of mud out from the void where the skirts meet the arches must have been about 3kg lol ahh well 3kg lighter
8327D15D-51E7-4B4E-A468-6575C04AE1C4_zpsvx6xkgqv.jpg

now in the process of attempting to paint my cup spoiler, but that can wait till after silly season

so more parts arrived this week
image_zpssytjtwdi.jpg

core actually looks ok tbf, was worried as toyosport are not overly known for quality

image_zpsajltqseh.jpg

came with enough pipes and hoses to make a good set up and air intake maybe all in 2.5'' bore
image_zpszpctlhgs.jpg

fitted up very well in the space with no gap top or bottom, also closed in with the tow eye bumper plastics, will make a guide to block off the other side too
hopefully creating max flow through the cooler

image_zpsdfdddjct.jpg

image_zpsxh0avm06.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You need to completely shroud the intercooler mate for maximum efficiency. I did it on my Astra turbo intercooler and put a frame that followed the entire opening and contour of the bumper. Worked really well, hence why I've done something similar on the radiator for the cup.

So having been away for 6 weeks on all sorts of courses hardly anything is getting done and now off to afghan in May for 4 months so need to crack on with this

Managed to get my exhaust fitted today

1E49371D-23D1-4B99-B1FD-99EECC7F43C6_zpsoorkptmr.jpg

Bought a k tec super sport from a local lad a while ago, so should sound rather nice

7793F0B8-3E82-4BFA-8C30-C61C047250D0_zpsy8b7xzxz.jpg

Far from perfect but will do for now
Hopefully crack on this week and get as much as I can done

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate! Good to see some more progress... I think there is only a couple people on this forum actually posting anything interesting, not sure why I'm bothering anymore no one seems interested unless they are talking about exterior mods, tyres or polish these days!

Thanks guys, hopefully it all works well

So got a few bits done today, only trivial bits as my finances are wounded this month ( holiday booked for post afghan chill out )

My s/c oil temp gauge turned up from the states
2CB8BB6A-5263-4688-B3E9-AC131D76922E_zpsoojua3hd.jpg

Quite hard to find the range required tbh. charger oil inlet temps can not exceed 80.C so needed one that reads very low temps as most start from 50-60.C and are not very graduated. Also did not want to spend a lot of money the stack one I looked at is £94 + vat fk that .

So turned my attention today on filtration and location, I am going to go short on the intake side of things instead on the massive pipe reaching all the way across the bay ( not that there is anything wrong with that, I just preferred this way )

So the main problem faced here is space, it's very tight and places the filter directly behind the radiator not good for intake temps
BB3049CC-313A-403E-9B94-39FB16D7BA3A_zpseb9ssgzn.jpg

7C78C1EE-322B-46FD-9619-0E8C51FD3CD1_zpsoeuuzxty.jpg

So my plan was to move the radiator over slightly, hopefully allowing me a bit more space to locate the filter and get a bit of heat protection in too

Before

F5D84F2E-8773-40F4-9233-C7DC257F8AEA_zpsvds27rpf.jpg

After
DEFEDE36-5CB6-4348-8252-E84B9233CA68_zpshfz3moyw.jpg

Not a massive amount of extra space, was about an extra 45mm of room but should allow for a decent size filter and hopefully a decent bit less heat soak from the outflow of the radiator

I could go smaller on the radiator but the standard one is rather good at its job ( will be a new one fitted as this one is scrap )

Imo I would be looking at other factors first, like filter location, you have your filter directly behind your radiator

Then maybe look at a more efficient / larger intercooler and a bit of shrouding to force air through it , your intercooler looks fairly narrow in your pics

May be worth looking at as the cheaper option

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Imo I would be looking at other factors first, like filter location, you have your filter directly behind your radiator

Then maybe look at a more efficient / larger intercooler and a bit of shrouding to force air through it , your intercooler looks fairly narrow in your pics

May be worth looking at as the cheaper option

I will be definitely making up a new intake/air filter location and routing. It's currently sitting in a bloody hot area.

I'm pretty sure the intercooler is up to the job. Although some shrouding wouldn't be a bad idea!

so had a bad week this week

storm Katie had my pants down

265B12FF-80FA-4C25-940C-F3E803F937F1_zpsuffwcrie.jpg

decided to run a bike shelter down my door and mirror

does anyone know if a ph 2 door will fit on a ph 1 ?

managed to get the looms and ecu's fitted, but would like to fit them in the glove box are if possible so will maybe look at making that happen, probably after my afghan trip now though

lots of wires
BA34CC2B-4E2E-43E7-80E6-41AEB676DBC5_zpshzwzfdx7.jpg