ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home brew almost sheep boost bus build ect

8E9B901F-8631-4745-B8CD-07F2E08C9C8F_zps265hmawa.jpg

Fan fitted to rad today, now need to pack the intercooler and rad gaps with some high density foam to stop spilling of air

So had a bit of spare time this weekend.
Managed to find a donor car for some bits, so got all my lights, wipers,horns and windows to work so 1 less problem come mot time

I also grabbed the radiator surround and got rid of the idle control motor block, hoping to run idle control through omex, boost pipes are also just about finished

5C0849E0-1612-4BAE-8470-B16B3EBE5E79_zpsdngwbpa3.jpg

5C0849E0-1612-4BAE-8470-B16B3EBE5E79_zpsdngwbpa3.jpg

I put the front bumper bar back on as I think it looks far more subtle and will protect the radiator better, I cut the number plate down as a test fit to see what size I needed

2121C6B7-9828-4B97-8B0B-042CB8B339A5_zpsbsas4gtj.jpg

It's offset to allow air into s/c oil cooler when plates on, now just waiting on a few sensors and wires for everything

Parked it in good company for now

3D13FAA7-80A9-4692-8DB7-2B277AE6B136_zpsykqjz9s9.jpg

So had a little bit of time off away from cars and UK

Car has progressed on quite well with the time I had with it , managed to get it all put together ended up using a 1995mm belt as using a 90mm pulley, tight but it fitted
Sorry for lack of pics
182E2E28-EBB0-498D-A213-05F0B3E35F0F.jpeg

83093FAD-DA34-480C-9007-155D866A51E3.jpeg

Managed to wire up my 3 bar map sensor to the omex, finished off the boost pipes, charged the Rotrex with oil

Built a spare kit up for a lad in Australia

BA79A938-E59D-482E-A623-3576BBFD8486.jpeg

Then cracked on plugging all my injectors and omex in looks like a snakes nest but will tidy it up in time after getting it all running
16C1FE1A-F1B6-4030-A7FC-14DA67219142.jpeg

20AA6115-1B4E-40CC-B1AC-32CDDCCF9B84.jpeg

I then banged on my base map, took a bit of pissing about as had to buy a USB adapter to get the omex cable to work
But managed to get it on and all sensors calibrated ready for first start
3194CB15-7689-4C42-BB7C-03BABD50C892.jpeg

Good bit of software, quite impressive the stuff you can do with it

sitting in the car, I noticed no fuel pump priming noise, honestly it did not take me an hour to figure the problem, sometimes it’s the little things mainly this big red button
F9E14EA7-3C19-437D-A9E3-B433CD063AF1.jpeg

Clunk, quick turn of key - fuel in the rail -sweet

So now waiting on some waterless coolant turning up, a few filters and some expensive oil, then it’s time to run it in

Exciting times

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
i'd just get rid of the fuel cut off, seen a couple now that will throw a wobbler going over bumps.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, just joint the wires after chopping plug off, did this to mine years ago

Got a good bit of work done tonight. Was struggling with a plan on how I was going to mount the ecu’s as there was not a massive amount of flat space, little bit of moving about and come up with this

3ED0E6B3-EE46-42BC-A4F8-F1006143E24C.jpeg

Fairly stable and tidys the bay up quite nicely omex will be Velcro attachable to the ecu

And........she’s Alive ......

Nope

No spark on cylinders 2 and 3

nutsacks, leads and plugs all ok, 12v to coil pack.
think I need a new amplified coil pack from EFI then. Fortunate then that I am up that way this week for a job interview so will try pop in to see Chris

182 clio
I had it happen to a cav V6 many years ago.
Never got to the bottom of what caused it though, fingers crossed it doesn't happen to my Clio.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of reasons mate tbh. Oil pressure is one of the biggest reasons. And I’m being f4r specific here. They’re dire unless you put some work into the pump/clearances etc etc.

Looking back at the build... a lot of time between getting the engine built and running. If not plenty of assembly lube used I’d imagine for a split second a bearing could pick up during first starts and cause issues.

I’ve had stuff back from machine shops in the past and you see some proper schoolboy issues, swarf not cleaned out, soda blasting dust everywhere, no decent lube. So much can be missed if you aren’t used to seeing it.

Check everything, get it built and running as soon as possible. Fresh rebuilds sitting about is the worst thing [emoji53]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Looking back at the build... a lot of time between getting the engine built and running. If not plenty of assembly lube used I’d imagine for a split second a bearing could pick up during first starts and cause issues.

I’ve had stuff back from machine shops in the past and you see some proper schoolboy issues, swarf not cleaned out, soda blasting dust everywhere, no decent lube. So much can be missed if you aren’t used to seeing it.

Check everything, get it built and running as soon as possible. Fresh rebuilds sitting about is the worst thing [emoji53]
Mine sat for around 5-6 months without running. Lol! Graphogen ftw

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I had I head back from a machine shop once that sat for one week and the cams where seized! No lube in sight, it boiled my piss!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Oh trust me it will ;) lost count of how many I've seen this year alone that have spun no2 big end. Scrap mat took 5 block the other week that had all had no2 rod spat out.

Fair enough, so not only s**t OE valves to contend with then [emoji53][emoji53] bloody rummage! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guy not been on here in a while- been a hectic year or so

Left the marines after 15 years, got new job as a tech at Vw Liverpool, then got promotion fairly quick now manage the Bodyshop for them. Also sold the house and bought a new one and my little boy has just started school and we have now also got a dog

So when the car was up and running, I done a little bit of running the engine in around camp at various loads etc all on good quality running in oil and genuine filters, quick oil change then off for mapping

Managed to get it all up there to efi
Chris done a bit of work on it, first couple of runs seemed to be ok, then into a few more runs started dropping power then Chris noticed a rattle and powered off

Upon further investigation-bottom end rattle