ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hold on its guna get bumpy....

clio 182
20141109_155254.jpg
20141109_154713.jpg
IMG-20141109-WA0051.jpg
IMG-20141109-WA0051.jpg
20141109_154724.jpg
New lowering springs !!!!! and my old lights back on....

It sticks to the road like glue now.. but don't hit a bump....:weary:

clio 182
i think the old ones look better, although wanted a tinted light that was subtle not chav..

i mean the original ones look better.. :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Listerine & Poledo
Mark, you know the sticker is out-of-era with your car.
Here's some learning for you ;)
Because, oh look, the world champion stickers didn't start until the end of 2005, courtesy of one Mr. Alonso
Who helped promote the R26, and R27.
Ultimately, your sticker would refer to the 2005 season.......wow, they're so good ;)

On a differnt matter entirely.
1) have you put a load of rake into your suspension? rear bumper looks high compared to the front. Not a bad thing, I dont think?
2) is that an aftermarket exhaust? Check your hangers fella, it looks low....but could be related to above.

clio 182
it was a bit higher previously , but the springs have leveled it out its on a slope., its a sportex exhaust which is not the best but was on the car when i bought it.

to be honest i don't need an F1 lesson... as i said previously, i wanted it to look like the 200, personal preference..

if you look at the top picture its level...

clio 182
too be fair , they are a bit stiff but looks great, really leveled the car out.. I got them brand new off eBay for £50.00 delivered and fitted for £50.00 by some body local, so to be fair hasn't cost me a lot and wouldn't cost a lot to put back.. I have to adjust my driving style.. I think Renault got it pretty spot on when they made it and for a 9 year old car its great fun...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
it was a bit higher previously , but the springs have leveled it out its on a slope., its a sportex exhaust which is not the best but was on the car when i bought it.

to be honest i don't need an F1 lesson... as i said previously, i wanted it to look like the 200, personal preference..

if you look at the top picture its level...

The exhaust does look level - just seems to sit low. What system is it?

Its probably on some level personal preference but I think it looks better when the recess is filled:

cIwKqC29

clio 182
Its the sportex one.., was just like this when i bought it... I want a new one but have no idea what to buy.. resonated non resonated.. cat back no cat... they all are around £500.00 so want to get the correct one..

it would look better up a bit....
IMG-20141109-WA0050.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
What condition is the rubber like on the two rear hangers? Whilst they might be level, it could mean the rubber on both is completely destroyed and its resting on the metal frame.

E.g.

DSC01772.jpg

clio 182
just had a look and they are not great, will go and get some more... I do need to sort the exhaust though as the cat flange (sounds odd) is a bit passed it, been trying to get a second hand cat, but struggling... so was going to go for a whole new exhaust that way its all new and hopefully no problems.. thanks for advice tho.. that's what I came on here for friendly advise... Mark

just seen your only in Raunds :up:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
just had a look and they are not great, will go and get some more... I do need to sort the exhaust though as the cat flange (sounds odd) is a bit passed it, been trying to get a second hand cat, but struggling... so was going to go for a whole new exhaust that way its all new and hopefully no problems.. thanks for advice tho.. that's what I came on here for friendly advise... Mark

Common mod on the exhaust is to get the cat & exhaust olive join cut off and a sleeve welded on. They tend to blow from the join or crack with age.

995472_544859885567837_312720162_n.jpg

clio 182
WAs just goinf to get a cat link pipe and see if that works.. still have to find a cat for next years mot through...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got it done by 519 Automotive, but they are no longer trading.

Bit off topic but are you 100% on that? I know he was considering changes but has he officially shut now?

Btw I am in Northampton so not far and either use 519 in Bedford or Diamond Motors in Nottingham.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Bit off topic but are you 100% on that? I know he was considering changes but has he officially shut now?

Btw I am in Northampton so not far and either use 519 in Bedford or Diamond Motors in Nottingham.

Yep 100%. Been selling all his stock & rolling road gear on ebay, website no longer lists a number / location etc.

Think a guy went to collect a car a few weeks ago and it was confirmed in person.

I'm going to try Beaniesport in MK next.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh shame, used Dan from the start of my clio ownership and have found him brilliant the whole time. I wonder what he's off to do next as I know he had some dealings with a Northampton based company a while back.

Beaniesport look like they know their french stuff and was recommended by Dan also so should be fine.

Sorry to chat in your thread Mark I'll bugger off now.. Nice car too btw ;).

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
What condition is the rubber like on the two rear hangers? Whilst they might be level, it could mean the rubber on both is completely destroyed and its resting on the metal frame.

E.g.

DSC01772.jpg
Mine had this problem. it was fixed with making a new rubber bit out of Tiger Seal. Seems to have worked. Although I now have another exhasut rattle when carrying a passenger :-/

I've also got the -40mm Apex springs in mine, this was to help with ride height when it was stripped. They are a bit harsh on speed bumps and pot-holed roads, but you just have to drive accordingly.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cup spoiler would finish it off nicely.

As others say about the stickers,personally I don't like them but it's your car so your choice!

clio 182
Now I have got used to it its fine, I was being over cautious before I think. :up:

getting my car sorted at JC Weld tomorrow.. £60.00 Plus Vat.. will post pictures..