ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit & Run on my 172

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If it's just panel damage, whack it back into some sort of shape from the inside and just carry on driving it.

If you're money's tied up in the car, then you're going to have to start saving all over again,
eventually when you get a replacement, stick a roll cage in the old one, strip it out and have some fun on track.

Clio Sport 172
I know I have come to the conclusion I have been pretty unlucky with this. Its not often you see cars in that state, and not have anything to go back on. The tw*t drove off!
I think driving it for the time being is a good option mate as I dont have any other mode of transport, maybe the right person with access to the right equipment could take it off my hands at a reasonable price in the near future
Thanks man

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 1/4 panel trims come out easily mate and you'll get good access to dress that up a bit better. The door is fine. Be reet.

I think i'd just have to keep driving it.

inferno 182.
bummer i know! on the rear you need a full 4 wheel alignment check! might feel ok to drive but could go through tyres like no tomorrow if out! you wont feel it so much on the rear mate!im afraid its scrap yard in the sky! break it if you can to get the most money back!
Yes I agree, i have tested the tracking to certain degree and it honestly feels exactly as it did before the damage was caused. Breaking may be the way to go, but i dont have another car and most of my money is tied up in this one - Buggered

inferno 182.
gally???? clean cars, detail them!!!would you drive a car thats dangerous??? be pro mate!do you know that rear beams not bent???
The 1/4 panel trims come out easily mate and you'll get good access to dress that up a bit better. The door is fine. Be reet.

I think i'd just have to keep driving it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bent rear beam? From that? The only thing I'd wan to check is the suspension turret on that side.

Another option is to buy one in the same colour with some shabby body work, change your doors/bumpers onto it and then sell the remains of yours...

Breaking 172 NV676
It seems the only financially viable option to me. it could end up costing you a few hundred quid. Buy a engine failure, pay someone to swap the engine. then sell everything on the silver one to recoup the cost of buying and swapping the engine :)

inferno 182.
could have hit the wheel? strut bent?wheel buckeled? rear beam bent? 4 wheel align will sort that out but is it worth spending £75 to find out?LOL? the turret bent???what bodyshop do you run??why do i bother????
Bent rear beam? From that? The only thing I'd wan to check is the suspension turret on that side.

Another option is to buy one in the same colour with some shabby body work, change your doors/bumpers onto it and then sell the remains of yours...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They could have hit the wheel yes, but surely if they did there would be a big mark etc?

If it were that delicate we'd all be having four wheel alignment every time we bumped up or clipped a kerb.

Calm down mate, I was only saying.