ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit and miss problemos!

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Iv'e been having a few problems with my car recently, the main one being when i put my foot down, the car "stutters" and also what seems to be letting air in through the exhaust. Also when driving off from a stand still sometimes the car will "what seems to be the stutter, like just a brrrrrrrrrrrr noise." Now im no mechanic but im sure its a problem with my exhaust, ever since i've had my KTEC exhaust ive had these problems, also when i replaced my exhaust mounts my car was running smooth for a few weeks, now ive bodged them up the problems started again. The final major problem now this happens once every 2 months or so, my car will make the brrrrrrrrr noise in every gear all the time and the Coil Light and STOP light flashes. It may be the coil pack causing the problem? I know renault have dodgy electrics so i just keep putting things off. If you need any more information to help me solve my problem just ask! PLEASE HELP!

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
is it worth changing the coil pack to a OEM renault one its £90 compared to a copy that costs £40 i know the whole buy cheap buy twice but what are your opinions?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The air noise could be a dodgy joint in the exhaust or damaged cat pipe. Mine did that.

Have you had the car on some sort of diagnostics to check the codes, I'd start there.

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
yes i had it plugged in twice and no codes show up, im really baffled, ive ordered a new coil pack so ill try that!

My exhaust blows really bad too, i would imagine thats to do with the joint too?

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
well i broke down yesterday! misfiring like a b**ch! Accelerator pedal not working, engine moving like a mofo! got towed home by the AA! Fitted my new coil pack and its if my cars brand new! Better than when i first bought it! :) very happy!