ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hill power Air feed??

I know people have got a feed that fits in the fog light hole but i can't find any info on it, or pictures.

Can anyone help please. And how much does it cost and is ducting included
Cheers Ian.

VRS
if you follow dazes guide but just relocate to the foggy instead! (the foggy just clips out of the back of the bumper)
removing the acoustic valve is tricky but it clears the space for the feed to go down to the front (the acoustic valve is by the horns behind where the passenger fog light sits)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123325&highlight=daze+caf

you can use this guide for any induction kit you may have!
you will need about 1.5metres of ducting which can be bought from car shops ie halfords, motorworld (i got mine from motorworld for 15quid and its black alloy 70mm ducting and is very strong and sturdy)

the red trumpet in dazes guide is off the viper but can also be bought seperate if you dont have a viper kit

andy

Sorry mate i've got a valver. Forgot to say. what a dufus.

No i haven't got anything yet. think its a scoop that goes in the light hole

VRS
you use a similar principle to the 172 guide still,

there are scoops available but most people use the viper 'trumpet' and put that in the hole left when the foggie is removed and attatch the cold air feed to it! jubulee clips are good for fixing them on tight!
you will still need about a metre and a half of ducting as well!

Williams 2
I've just recently bought a cold air feed for mine form Hill Power...hav'nt fitted it yet though. I saw some ducting in halfords the other day, but this was the alloy stuff that tends to last about 2 seconds! The scoop cost £47 inc delivery but does not come with any ducting...i'm probably getting some from here...http://www.motor-world.co.uk/search.php?keywords=ducting&psupp=
Martin. is probably the best person to ask, he's got two of em I think, and should have some pics to give u some idea:D

VRS
MattyH16v said:
I've just recently bought a cold air feed for mine form Hill Power...hav'nt fitted it yet though. I saw some ducting in halfords the other day, but this was the alloy stuff that tends to last about 2 seconds! The scoop cost £47 inc delivery but does not come with any ducting...i'm probably getting some from here...http://www.motor-world.co.uk/search.php?keywords=ducting&psupp=
Martin. is probably the best person to ask, he's got two of em I think, and should have some pics to give u some idea:D

ive got the black ducting from the link you have posted, u get about 1 metre for around 17quid
its very strong stuff and i would reccomend it to anyone wanting to use it for a caf!!! its flexible so can be worked around obsticles but at the same time it is strong and very difficult to crush or pierce!!

:D

Excellent. thanks for the replies. had a piece of the metal stuff routed to the hole next to the fog but that has broken to bits now. am putting a new engine in so can get good access to make mods to the area where it comes through the side of the engine bay.

Will contact martin then to see if he has pictures. would rather pay more for something that will fit properly too.

Also Matty what diameter ducting do i need? 80?

Williams 2
moggs said:
Excellent. thanks for the replies. had a piece of the metal stuff routed to the hole next to the fog but that has broken to bits now. am putting a new engine in so can get good access to make mods to the area where it comes through the side of the engine bay.

Will contact martin then to see if he has pictures. would rather pay more for something that will fit properly too.

Also Matty what diameter ducting do i need? 80?

yes m8, the ducting needs to b 80mm to fit over a air scoop connection...i would'nt bother with messing around with the other hole next to the fog light as it will not provide a decent enough feed....at least the fog light hole with the scoop will be big enough to allow air to b forced up the pipe. I've got the Hill Power i/k at the mo but will replace this with an o.e box till next winter, and try and get a decent feed to this...tend to loose power with and i/k during the warmer months as the engine bay gets so hot, the o.e box is an enclosed unit that is heat shielded.