ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highest mileage 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Im on 15k.. is that high ?

and its holding up quite well thx.. spanking cups without a prob..

S2000

My old one was on 68k or something when I sold it nearly a year ago. Only thing I had to replace was a rear shock just before selling it. And brake pads and tyres when worn out.

and mine is on 49k now, and apart from brake pads, bulbs and tyres I havent replaced anything! Although it does have replacement suspension (shocks and springs) but not because there was anything wrong with the old ones - they are in the garage! Exhaust is about to need doing though :( but to be honest that list doesnt seem to be bad for replacements after 48k to me!

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 23 August 2003

_KDF me and mac are trying to arrange a mini Cup meet tomoz so if you want to come along and see if you can beat a Cup you are more than welcome chief.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Funny as Id been thinking of asking this as there was a 02 reg 172 in the Autotrader for 7750 with 64k on the clock.

My question is how the hell do you rack up that sort of mileage in such little time?? when I was looking for mine reno london had a 6 month old one with 18000 miles on clock--no thanx

I test drove one with 74000 miles on it. Still went fine, but interior was tatty and they wanted a staggering £8500 for it.

clio williams, Ph1 172

prob cos they are easy to clock hehe. Mind you the new cars are easier. all you need it a laptop hehe

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 23 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 23 August 2003

_KDF me and mac are trying to arrange a mini Cup meet tomoz so if you want to come along and see if you can beat a Cup you are more than welcome chief.
Well I guess I am too late now.. I was out all last night having a meal with my GF... thx for the offer though.

£6500?? is that a good price for a Mk1 172 or can you get good ones cheeper than that ???

At that price i might get a loan on my 20th birthday for one of those :D

I would guess that high milage Clios arnt a problem as long as you arnt going to put loads of miles onto them yourself as well.

If it has done 40 K in year then it would have had to have spent all that time on a motorway in 5th gear. The engine would have little wear on it as it will have ben run for loads of mile when the engine is warn. Dont forget that most engine wears occures in the first 10 minutes of engine use. Also as the car has been left in 5th all the time the clutch and gearbox will have little wear compaired to a car with 10k on the clock which has been taken on the track all the time.

Moddern cars are better built to take milage than older one with new oils and technologies and think of the amount of Williams Clios and 16V on this forum with over 100 K on the clock and still going strong.

Most problems with cars seem to revolve about parts where the millage has no impact on them.

I would have no problems buying a car with a few miles on the clock as long as the price reflected the fact that some parts ie dampers will need replacing sooner than a car with lower miles.

EDD

i paid 8 grand for my mk1 172 a couple of months back and it has 42k on the clock, its a w reg, I thought that was a bit high but then again speaking to some people on here they say thats an ok mileage for the car. what does everyone reckon.

Its not bad. We paid about the same for a W with 23 on the clock, but I still think that was a very good price.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I got a 2002 (10 months old at the time) 172 with 5600 miles on the clock for £9000, the car was mint.. well chuffed.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 25 August 2003

I got a 2002 (10 months old at the time) 172 with 5600 miles on the clock for £9000, the car was mint.. well chuffed.
Sounds about right for an import.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mine has done nearly 4,900 careful miles in 19 months!

Is this the lowest 172 mileage for the age of the car?

;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

127? It is a 172 and it isnt that slow Neil, it has been well cared for. I have been out and polished it earlier today and it is gleaming!!

I might get some dark rear lights and yesterday I saw some pics of somebodys smoked rear lights and now I cant find them.

Does anyone know where I can find a pic of the K-Tec ones please? Or arent they the best for the Mk2 172?

Thanks

GR7

Shiny red R32

Slugger

Thanks for that, but what I saw yesterday was a picture of someones car with them on, not as close up as on the K-Tec website.

my dad done 120k in his t plate honda accord in just under 3 years...i was quite impressed.

i did help him achieve this with pointless drives, but oh he does some miles!

girlracer, im just waiting on my black lexus lights coming...cant wait!

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 25 August 2003

Mine has done nearly 4,900 careful miles in 19 months!

Is this the lowest 172 mileage for the age of the car?

;)
WoW!

And I thought mine was low

Ive done just over 17,000 in 3 years

but at this rate you will defo win the prize for the lowest mileage.

:D

Helen

S2000

GR - did you check out the 2nd link? That shows the rear of Freds car. Or do you want further away than that?

GR7

Shiny red R32

The second view is OK for distance but are the lights shown black or clear, as they look fairly lightish to me and as my car is black, I dont want clear Lexus/K-Tec lights. Have you a pic of Kathys rear please Slugger, as she has black lights doesnt she?

Thanks

:)

yes, mine has black lexus/k-tec lights on the back Sylvia - but I dont have access to pic at the moment - will get Slugger to put one on here later this evening for you.

:)

S2000

Freds are the black ones its just the reflection from the clear covers. I will put a pic of Kathys up later though.