ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High milers

Mk5 Golf GTI
My friend has a 172 cup on 120k that he has offered to me at a very good price, its been faultlessly maintained over its life but was just wondering what the life of the engines are as it seems rather high.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If serviced and looked after like they should, these engines will run for a very long time. If you want proof, have a look at Sir Dave's trophy.

Clio 200 cup
There are a few high mileage cars on here fletcher's 172 is on 130k and still going strong iirc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd expect any car engine to easily do 200k+ these days tbh, how often do you actually hear of an engine wear out anyway, it's usually down to lack of servicing.

53 Clio's & counting
If it's been looked after it will be fine - do a search on the subject of mileage, and you will find all you need to know

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Mines on 125k+ with a fair few track miles within that and still going strong :cool:

pimp mobile Zafira
Mines on 84k and going strong. As long as its looked after properly you'll see 200k plus. As alteady mentioned Sir Dave has 184k plus.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The engine is the least of your worries on a 100k+ French shed :rasp:

As long as the belts are done on time (or early to be Captain Cautious).. it'll be as OK as the next one.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
generally the engines dont fail (LOL @ mine) its usually timing belt failures that kill them, looked after they should do over 200k no problem.

the rest of the car however...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
IMG_1586.jpg

:eek:

53 Clio's & counting
I know dude, hindsight says I should have, for what I sold it for was just crazy - I still would have bought the Elise mind, just would have chucked a sheet over the Clio and come back to it.

Not making that mistake with Duf mind :D

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Original clutch gearbox and tyres on mine! (one may be inccorect ;) )

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I know dude, hindsight says I should have, for what I sold it for was just crazy - I still would have bought the Elise mind, just would have chucked a sheet over the Clio and come back to it.

Not making that mistake with Duf mind :D

I understand fella. Like I said at Combe, at least you've owned a Elise. :)

137k and orig engine, gearbox and clutch on my soon to be race car 172 cup. Although I can make the clutch slip now on sticky tyres and an all out standing start and the release bearing has been making alot of noise for about 30k...

I really should change the clutch...

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
Im on 114,000 bought the car with zero history yet i have serviced it 4 times since i owned it and it runs smoother than my mates which is one 60,000