ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID kit on Clio? Recommend it?

I haven't got my Clio yet but when I get it I plan to fit a HID kit into the standard headlights, is this something anyone in here has ever done? Is it recommended or not? (Sorry if this isn't in the right section)

This is the HID kit I've been looking at.

H1 XENON HID Headlight Conversion Kit 6000k For RENAULT CLIO, MEGANE ETC

http://bit.ly/ZgJ2zR < eBay link

Don't ever do it. And I'd never ask a question again like this, unless you enjoy getting the s**t ripped outta you!

HID's are for projector headlights only. Not standard reflector headlights.

1) they look gash in standard headlights. 2) the glare is almost blinding and extremely annoying when the local prick in his fiesta is sitting behind you with hid's in reflector lights.

Ignore all the b****cks of - its fine if I aim my headlights on the floor.

If you like looking like a knob and pissing other drivers off, then go ahead :)

Don't ever do it. And I'd never ask a question again like this, unless you enjoy getting the s**t ripped outta you!

HID's are for projector headlights only. Not standard reflector headlights.

1) they look gash in standard headlights. 2) the glare is almost blinding and extremely annoying when the local prick in his fiesta is sitting behind you with hid's in reflector lights.

Ignore all the b****cks of - its fine if I aim my headlights on the floor.

If you like looking like a knob and pissing other drivers off, then go ahead :)

I'd never ask a question like this again? Well it's a good job I did ask otherwise I would of banged a set of HIDs in my clio and looked like a nonce. A forum is for asking questions such as the one I did not about 'getting the s**t ripped into you' for not knowing something. f**king come for some advice and this is what you get haha. All you needed to say was 'HIDs are for projector headlights only not reflector this will result in a blinding glare for other drivers and they won't look good in standard headlights' what's with the abuse?

Abuse - none. Advice - yes.

You asked a question and I believe I answered it without outright abusing you.

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

"Forums are for advice" - yes well done. But they are also for opinions, if you don't like the opinions, don't post

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
What's been said is correct but it does seem like everyday I read threads from people less well informed and they get talked to as if they are 5 years old because of it

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I'll agree on that, and for once the question was asked in plain english, not 'lYk Dis Coz innit breadz!'

therefore, no need to rip the OP a new one, intentionally or not.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The answer was generally correct however the wording was a little strong, Simple question just needed a simple answer.

I'll agree on that, and for once the question was asked in plain english, not 'lYk Dis Coz innit breadz!'

therefore, no need to rip the OP a new one, intentionally or not.

I'm not a chav haha! Although those Lexus lights, angel eyes look swish ;)

Last edited:
  MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I'm not a chav haha! Although those Lexus lights, angel eyes look swish ;)

lol, exactly my point, getting bored of seeing jumped up little mongs on here who can't be bothered to type properly.
the actual question itself i'd totally overlooked as i could actually understand it, and we all need help / advice at some point, which was given, even if a little blunt.

I can forgive the odd spelling / grammar mistake, as we all make them, i just get wound up needing a code key to read a post!

As for lexus lights and angel eyes, i think i heard someone loading a shotgun ;) lmao

lol, exactly my point, getting bored of seeing jumped up little mongs on here who can't be bothered to type properly.
the actual question itself i'd totally overlooked as i could actually understand it, and we all need help / advice at some point, which was given, even if a little blunt.

I can forgive the odd spelling / grammar mistake, as we all make them, i just get wound up needing a code key to read a post!

As for lexus lights and angel eyes, i think i heard someone loading a shotgun ;) lmao

Hahaha! I understand what you mean :) about that shotgun I was also thinking silver mesh grill;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've recently got a 197 but it has normall yellowish headlights.

Can I put xenon or some other bulbs in to give the more white light?

I had a look seems to be you can but you shouldn't to be 100% legal?

technically you need them to be legal. However you will still pass an MOT without them, and I doubt any copper will know that they didn't come without washers as standard.