ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi!

Clio 182
Hi all!

I've been reading this forum for some time now so thought I best introduce myself...

I almost bought a Clio 182 last July but after very nearly getting screwed over by Perrys in Barnsley (long story short; they bought a Clio 182 from a dealer on Autotrader added £1200 to the price and tried flogging it to me, little did they know the original dealer didn't remove the ad and I spotted it before getting shafted!) I cancelled my order and continued my search for the perfect Clio.

Whilst on the lookout for a 182 I came across a MG TF :eek: mint condition, very low mileage, within my budget. I took it out on a test drive and with it being summer had the roof down and I was immediately sold. 9 days of owning the MG TF and on the way home the MG TF aquaplaned on a very wet roundabout and ended up backwards into a barrier! I've been driving for 7 years now and never experienced such poor handling in poor weather so with this in mind I decided to steer well away from rear wheel drive!

With the MG TF written off I bought a Toyota Celica GT4 which need a little bit of TLC. £3000 later it was running around 300bhp, looked the part but was giving me about 10 - 15mpg...

In January I started to realise the huge mistake I had made and should have just got a Clio all along! I found a mint 2004 182 with both cup packs in silver at Distinctive Cars York (highly recommended!), George who dealt with me was very knowledgeable and made me a deal I couldn't refuse so by the end of January I was the very proud owner of a Clio 182...

Morale of the story - Should have bought a 182 back in July last year!

Throughout this time I've been keeping an eye on the forum and admiring the work you guys do... I doubt I'll be modifying the car in any way as it is great the way it is!

So, hi to everyone out there and I'm looking forward to many miles in the most fun car I have every driven!

Adi :cool: