ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi im new to my clio n i need help lol

BG 182
Air Filter Trouble!!!!

hi ive gt a 1.2 clio 98 reg rn, a bloke sed the other day to put a induction cone on to replace the filter so i did and he fitted it, i looked in the morning cus it was quite dark wen he fitted it and theres a black tube leading to the engine tht sucks air, i was jus wondering if i need a breather filter aswell or should i put the standard one back on?????? any help would be greatfully welcome as i dont really know much about it :eek:

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
have u got a pick? need to know what the pipe is, if it is the crank case breather then u will need a catch bottle or a breather filter

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
crank case breather, filter it. it may get messy though prob best with a catchment bottle, keep ur stock airbox as a free crank case breather will fail a MOT

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
erm well the breather filter would look like a samll air filter piperx do them for 10quid, if u wanted a catchment bottel then u would have to make one, tbh just aim the pipe at the floor with a breather filter

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
photobucket.com ,then copy the

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer thats the crankcase breather, just do what i said earlier. some 1 back me up on this lol

BG 182
ok so i put the breather filter on the end of that pipe, when i clamp the filter on wont it stop the airflow because if it ent on tight enough it will just fall off?????? :S

BG 182
untitled.gif
ok this is wat ive done now, is this ok cus i was jus wondering bout the temperature of the air going in ????????????

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
in that last photo, why's there a breather filter connected to the inlet manifold?

also, bad place to have the induction kit in terms of warm air, you'd probably be better just having it attatched directly to the throttle body

also, you've disconnected the MAP sensor and vacuum hose (im assuming thats where you got the pipe for the breather filter)

what you should be doing is removing the black u-bend pipe (just wiggle it off), disconnecting the breather pipe that connects to that, attatching the breather pipe to the breather, reconnect old MAP unit from the original airbox (it unclips), then fitting the induction kit directly to the throttle body.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
the u-bend pipe i was talking about, is the plastic one coming from the throttle body to the cone itself.

ben, the breather pipe actually comes out of the rocker cover, into the bottom of that plastic pipe.

The pipe he's connected to the breather is the vacuum for the MAP sensor.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
not got good pictures, but basically what you want to do is...

get the original airbox, unclip the black plastic box on it.

Disconnect the breather filter you've put on, connect that pipe to the black box, then plug the green plug back into it.

Remove both jubilee clips, remove filter, and pipe. You'll notice there's a small pipe coming from the bottom of the plastic pipe you've pulled off, thats what you want to connect to the breather filter.

Then its just a case of fitting the cone to the end of the throttle body using one of the jubilee clips.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
sorry, was typing my reply as you replied.

Read the above post, it'll explain what to do with the breather pipe. Unless you want to leave the filter the way it is and just reconnect the vacuum pipe back onto MAP sensor, and reconnect the wiring. It'll be fine either way.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
could have swore my mates K&N sat on the throttle body (same engine)

theres no rubber/silicon 90degree pipe with the kit?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
i'd try and get a silicon pipe to fit it properly.

In the meantime, i'd connect it the way u did before, but without the breather filter, and the MAP sensor plugged and piped back in.