ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi im new to my clio n i need help lol

BG 182
hi ive gt a 1.2 clio 98 reg rn, a bloke sed the other day to put a induction cone on to replace the filter so i did and he fitted it, i looked in the morning cus it was quite dark wen he fitted it and theres a black tube leading to the engine tht sucks air, i was jus wondering if i need a breather filter aswell or should i put the standard one back on?????? any help would be greatfully welcome as i dont really know much about it :eek:

Have you got a picture I'm not sure exactly what you mean if you mean do you need an oil breather vent etc then yes but I'd imagine the induction kit should have come with something to deal with the oil breather.

1996 Valver
It will be the rocker cover breather.
If you brought the i/k that was purposly made for your car it should come with something to sort out this pipe.
On my valver (1.8 16v) the k&n kit comes with two small holes in the i/k and two addapter pipes to join the two together, one is for the oil breather(rocker cover) and one for the idle control valve.

If you have brought a universal filter it will not come with anything to sort out the stray pipe.

Don't want to put a downer on your new filter, but don't expect it to make much difference to performance, just keep it for the sound or put the std one back on.