ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Im new and would like a little help!

Megane GT
Hi from sunny Southend! I bought a new clio a couple of months back and some alloys, its only a 1.2 :) (first car) and now Ive got used to its handling, I was thinking about lowering it, just wanted a little advice on how and where to do that.
And also how do you put a picture up?
Thanks
Jane

Listerine & Poledo
wouldn't bother fella, just keep it as is.

lowering and stiffening will only lead to more rattles, quicker.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Hey Jane, welcome! :) There will be a few helpful souls posting any minute who will help you with your pics! ;)

On mine you go to your settings and you should be able to do it there, but not sure if it is different if you are a forum user or a club member - pay your £12 and join up!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
I think Mace + Will.'s sharking alarm system must be broken over the weekend.

Lol! I was gonna say "must be" but actually.. I very much doubt that!! Mace. will be drawing his welcome pic and Will. is still fixing his car (no idea but I assume so?!)

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
tits-or-gtfo.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
welcome,
always great to see the essex members

as for lowering youve got 2 options

springs
coilovers

easiest thing to ask is how low you want to go,
to the floor = coilovers
60mm or so id say go with APEX
40/30mm go with eibach.

i wouldnt bother chasing power from a 1.2, just make it look as good as you can!
thats all i really did, and god how i miss my 1.2 clio :(

welcome to the club, get some pics up!

Megane 225 F1
Welcome to the family Jane. We are a loving family with open arms. Any problems, don't hesitate to ask either my self or Mace. We are always here to help.

Ignore people like Lbrench asking for tits, he hasn't got any money left to purchase the hookers he used to buy because he sold his megane to buy a fiat to save for some coilovers (complicated, I know). Feel free to post pics of the car and if you want to, one of your self, just so we know who we are talking too.

Mace. will be along shortly, but I spoke to him earlier, and he is currently in Africa, helping some children at a school.

Oh and Jen, my car is fixed. Was a battery issue. All is good now and the car is healthy. Treating it to a few things this month ;)

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Welcome to the family Jane. We are a loving family with open arms. Any problems, don't hesitate to ask either my self or Mace. We are always here to help.

Ignore people like Lbrench asking for tits, he hasn't got any money left to purchase the hookers he used to buy because he sold his megane to buy a fiat to save for some coilovers (complicated, I know). Feel free to post pics of the car and if you want to, one of your self, just so we know who we are talking too.

Mace. will be along shortly, but I spoke to him earlier, and he is currently in Africa, helping some children at a school.

Oh and Jen, my car is fixed. Was a battery issue. All is good now and the car is healthy. Treating it to a few things this month ;)

Lol! But that was a nice polite welcome for her! :approve: Glad your car is sorted, it must have been all that help I gave ya! ;) lol

Megane 225 F1
Your help? I never got that hug. I was sat in my car, shivering because I was so cold and you let me down.

Megane GT
Hey guys and girls thanks for all your posts! Sorry been busy with exams :(

Still no hope with the profile picture! Ill give up with that one for now . . .
And I'll put some pictures of the car up when I get a chance, and do we really want a picture of me? That request is easy enough! :D

welcome,

springs
coilovers

to the floor = coilovers
40/30mm go with eibach.

QUOTE]

Is lowering it by 60mm going to rub on my arches because I've got 17s on it???
I really want to come to a meet. saw the southend one next saturday but i cant come! Do you have a main event each year or anything so I can meet you all?
Cheers! :D

Megane GT

And I'll put some pictures of the car up when I get a chance, and do we really want a picture of me? That request is easy enough! :D

welcome,

springs
coilovers

to the floor = coilovers
40/30mm go with eibach.

i wouldnt bother chasing power from a 1.2, just make it look as good as you can!
thats all i really did, and god how i miss my 1.2 clio :(

welcome to the club, get some pics up!

Is lowering it by 60mm going to rub on my arches because I've got 17s on it???
I really want to come to a meet. saw the southend one next saturday but i cant come! Do you have a main event each year or anything so I can meet you all?

Yeah I do love my car, its like having a child, expensive and needy! lol

Cheers for all your welcomes! :D

Stripped yozza'd cup
You won't be able to get much of a drop at all if you've got 17's, not unless you fancy doing some 'modifications' to your arches with a hammer.

Get shot of the 17's, buy some 15's / 16's and drop it on it's bum with Vmaxx coilovers :)

182, 6r GTi

brilliant i say go for it haha ;)

as for lowering it id use springs rather than coilovers mainly because of cost. + that way youll have more money to spend on other things for your car :)

steve

SG9 Forester STi
Welcome to CS Jane :)

I'll echo the others when they say switch to some 15's/16's and then budget dependant get a set of coilovers or lowering springs.

Sign up as a club member and keep an eye on the local meets section. They'll be meets and the usual shows throughout the year :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
on a mk3 i have no idea,
id have THOUGHT you could go down 60mm with no trouble as theyre quite a bit bigger than the mk2s

but please dont hold me to that,
as said by others, best bet is to get some nice 15/16s, theyll fit the arches abit nicers than 17s and you can lower it more!

shame that you cant come to the southend meet, it looks to be a very good meet,
failing that, make sure you come FCS this year, thats CS's main event that we all look forward to lol.

Megane GT
You won't be able to get much of a drop at all if you've got 17's, not unless you fancy doing some 'modifications' to your arches with a hammer.

Get shot of the 17's, buy some 15's / 16's and drop it on it's bum with Vmaxx coilovers :)

Im not feeling bashing in my arches! Especially seeing as its a new car :dead:
Plus I dont want to lower it too much because i dont want the whole problem with speed bumps and what have you!

Steve: cheers for the advice, Im guessing springs would be easier to put in because you dont take the whole bit out do you? or do you :/ i dont really know. Whats a good brand to get?

Vicky: I did think about getting smaller alloys, but they were really expensive, and also Ive got a 5 door, so i dont want it to look all out of proportion if you know what i mean?

Struggler: yeah the arches and bigger than the previous clio models, i have noticed that. Looks like it should be lower because of the massive gap staring you in the face! When the FCS event?

Oh and yeah i am going to join fully, get paid next week :)

182, 6r GTi
the front shocks will still have to be removed to fit the springs, the rears you can do by disconnecting the dampers from the subframe and popping out the old springs. its reasonably easy. 1 thing i will say is if your doing it yourself be carful with the front springs as you will need to compress them and if this is done wrong it can be pretty dangerous so take care!

steve

edit; id use the Eibach springs but depends how low you want to go.

ITB'd MK1
I wouldn't think 60mm on a mk3 would be too hard. A picture of the current arch gap with the 17s on would help, then measure the gap in the arch ;)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Ohhhh! I didn't realise you had a mk3! In that case you may be ok with 17's.... I'd imagine 15's will be too small for it really.

Lowering, buy some eibach sportlines, great spring and reasonably priced.

soon to be 182 ;)
surprised mace. hasnt been along, either that or he still isnt back from his volentary work, pics on this forum go down a treat . . welcome to cs, have fun :)

Megane GT
the front shocks will still have to be removed to fit the springs, the rears you can do by disconnecting the dampers from the subframe and popping out the old springs. its reasonably easy. 1 thing i will say is if your doing it yourself be carful with the front springs as you will need to compress them and if this is done wrong it can be pretty dangerous so take care!

steve

edit; id use the Eibach springs but depends how low you want to go.

Theres a lot of big words there, not all of which I understand :S lol. I need some kind of personal tutorial!
Would someone be able to give me a hand if I did get the bit a some point, to put them in?

And Ill put a picture of me up now, and one of the car/arch gaps tomorrow :)
meinflorence.jpg

cheers :D

182, 6r GTi
i would help you but a bit far for me. depending on how soon your thinking of doing it, im going to be getting some coilovers soon and can do a tutorial thing then for you.

steve

there are a couple threads about this in the Cliosport guides section :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
as said get a picture of the arch gap and you should be able to see if you're going to have any issues,
i lowered a mk2 on 17s about 80mm, all i had to do was loose some weather guards!
i know its not the same but it still.

depending when you were thinking of doing this, id be more than happy to give you a hand,
assuming its a similar layout to the mk1/2, it should only take an hour
im struggling with my own car atm so not going to have time atm,
either way ive got a set of spring compressors you can use!

and PMSL at the cliosport pervs begging for a picture!
you shouldnt give in to them!! nice picture though.

Clio
Jane.....You look like my ideal girl. We should date. Message me.

Please show the young lady some respect. You can't just date like that, how do you know her parents would love you?

That reminds me of a story....
It was a few weeks ago and I was walking through the woods alone when I saw some sort of religous ceremony going on, they were burning a cross!! Although not religous I knew this wasn't right so went over to tell them to stop. At this point they became agressive. Ripping off my T-shirt and showing my huge Torso they quickly fled the scene. Seeing this fire raging I knew it couldn't go to waste so quickly made my way to the Scout Hut that wasn't far. I invited all the kids down with me and we toasted marshmallows whilst singing Ging-gang-gooley. It was a wonderful day.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you left a burning fire in the middle of a wood unattended!!

you're worse than the cross burners! at least they would have had the courtesy to put the flames out after them!!

however PICS or ot never happened ;)
que another interesting MSpaint session!

Clio
you left a burning fire in the middle of a wood unattended!!

you're worse than the cross burners! at least they would have had the courtesy to put the flames out after them!!

however PICS or ot never happened ;)
que another interesting MSpaint session!

All pictures are taken on my iPhone5

\For some reason everyones parents love me.

i have this problem. Somethimes the mother loves me more than she should and I end up in her bed. Not my fault though.

Megane 225 F1
It's never gone that far. Although one of them once walked around in her underwear. She was quite large though and I mini-sicked.