ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all im new to this and new to clios

Clio 172 ph1
Just bought a silver ph1 172 2000 x plate going to be a track car (1st track car ) any things I should get or not get done to the car ??
I'm thinking front and back strutbrace air filter what's the best 1 for ph1 air box
Also car has decat and s/s exhuast
1st job a good service cheers Ally

Attachments

• IMG-20161022-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20161022-WA0003.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 74

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Just bought a silver ph1 172 2000 x plate going to be a track car (1st track car ) any things I should get or not get done to the car ??
I'm thinking front and back strutbrace air filter what's the best 1 for ph1 air box
Also car has decat and s/s exhuast
1st job a good service cheers Ally

Welcome to the Club

SNAP

Same as me, Phase 1 for the Track, not spending too much, as came with a few modded bits as strut brace, coilovers, induction etc
Tart it up, and let it fly
I enjoy driving it more than my new 300BHP Mk 7 VW R ..... LOL

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
To answer OP Ally question (Cant seem to edit my post- sometimes can, sometimes cant) new tyres all round for me is a must so not old aged compound tyres, altho ive gone for budget TOYO Proxes atm, for now
Get barkes sorted, braided lines, upgraded pads, maybe discs, and upgraded 5.1 fluid
New air filter, decent fuel (V-Power)
Longer term, full harness n decent seats n roll cage and bore out throttle body i reckon
See how it goes round track next year, then go a bit further, but for me, not spedning loads

Oh..and not to everyones taste... decals..decals...decals. Bonnet sides and roof- BLUE ;-)

Your thread- if you want me to remove my photo let me know

DSCN2796_zpsqdo2du3p.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph1
To answer OP Ally question (Cant seem to edit my post- sometimes can, sometimes cant) new tyres all round for me is a must so not old aged compound tyres, altho ive gone for budget TOYO Proxes atm, for now
Get barkes sorted, braided lines, upgraded pads, maybe discs, and upgraded 5.1 fluid
New air filter, decent fuel (V-Power)
Longer term, full harness n decent seats n roll cage and bore out throttle body i reckon
See how it goes round track next year, then go a bit further, but for me, not spedning loads

Oh..and not to everyones taste... decals..decals...decals. Bonnet sides and roof- BLUE ;-)

Your thread- if you want me to remove my photo let me know

DSCN2796_zpsqdo2du3p.jpg
Cheers Chris any chance we can swap yours looks better lol

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Welcome to the club, am currently resisting the temptation to turn mine in to a track car will keep an eye on what you and @chris blue are up to :smile:

Clio 172 ph1
Welcome to the club, am currently resisting the temptation to turn mine in to a track car will keep an eye on what you and @chris blue are up to :smile:
Star of next year I'll get some toys for it first time I've had a Renault I still can't belive how it's revs 16 years old and pulls like a train will have it on knockhill begining of next year I hope

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Star of next year I'll get some toys for it first time I've had a Renault I still can't belive how it's revs 16 years old and pulls like a train will have it on knockhill begining of next year I hope

Nice one. just booked track time for lydden hill next May. hope to get on one before that tho.

Last edited: