ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hey everyone! I'm new here and would love some advice!

2002 clio 172
Hey everyone - I've got a clio sport 2002 and its pretty much stock.

I'm thinking about upgrading a few bits and bobs here and there for a track day car.

I have had a 2001 clio sport before and we removed the cat, and put ebc green stuff pads on - which seemed great. ill likely go again with the ebc's unless you guys can suggest alternatives.

I was also going to do k&n air cleaner, maybe some new brembo max rotors, and possibly top front and rear strut braces.

its been lowered on eibach springs and handles great - its on standard wheels and I'm thinking i shouldn't change the size of tyres or wheels from the renaut standard - please let me know if this is the right thing to do?

the car has been chipped by the previous owner and definitely pulls harder than the other clios I've driven - so i think only a few more mods are needed to really open her up without being silly.

If anyone could be so kind as to let me know good recommendations on things i should do or products that i should use - including oil and spark plugs, i would be most grateful.

Cheerrs!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Welcome :)

Brakes - speak to G 172 on here who will be able to sort you Brembo Discs for a great price and probably make some suggestions for decent packs as well.

Air Filter - K&N panel filter will do just fine.

Oil & Plugs - Make sure you use standard Renault plugs as the cars don't seem to react well to others, Oil I just use Standard Renault Oil renault Wolverhampton on here will be able to help with a good price.

Wheels - unless you're going track daying then stick with standard size wheels, or if you're a Track Dayer swap to 15" wheels as tyres are cheaper.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Ta J

Welcome along

I wouldn't be choosing greenstuff , especially on a track car. I used them on my 172 and Brembo oe pads are better imo. You'll need to go up their range if wanting to stick with ebc products

The Ferodo Racing pads (DS2500 and DS3000) are other options, tried and tested by many on here, myself included

As above stick with the oe factory fit spec NGK spark plugs only

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As above - G 172 is the Brake Guru on here - take onboard what he says!

I've used EBC Redstuff in the past and have personally had no problems with them. That said, my 182 has never been on track - purely the daily commute and the occasional A-road blat. The last set of pads I bought were through G 172 and I went Mintex this time - which were considerably better than the previous ones. I'm running them with stock OEM discs and for general daily use, they are a good combo.

As above, you might need to go up to Ferodo spec for track use?

D.