ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here we go again... T-in the Park tickets on ebay!

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So?

Its simple economics. Supply and demand.

Youve got a phone like everyone else, if you wanted some you should have called. Im going to buy tickets to every event this summer, all of which will be going on eBay.

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Clio200 EDC Lux
I don't see the problem? more to the point I don't how it could ever be "stopped" I think good on people for buying the tickets and selling them at a profit, I would do it if I could be bothered to, and I am sure others would as well.

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Organisers say theirs nothing they can do to stop it until the govt. change the law.

Personally if it was me and I could get a tidy profit I would sell them on.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
T-in the Park tickets sold out within an hour today and are already on EBay!! :mad:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=T+in+the+Park+tickets

It's high time all this money grabbing malarkey was stopped! :nono:
Out of the top five in the list at the moment (all pairs of tickets with a face value of £140 each), four started at £0.99. The other started at £300.

They're just finding their own value, if nobody wanted to pay over the odds, nobody would. It's your own decision - do you join the queue or sit on the phone, or do you buy them off ebay? If you can't get one through normal channels and it's possible to sell them on ebay, blame T in the Park.

I think Glastonbury is forcing photo ID to stop it.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
So?

Its simple economics. Supply and demand.

Youve got a phone like everyone else, if you wanted some you should have called. Im going to buy tickets to every event this summer, all of which will be going on eBay.
Absolutely. This isn't Soviet Russia, people can buy and sell whatever they like for whatever price they can get.

Blame T in the Park; they don't care who comes as long as they get paid.

GR7

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shiny red R32
This system should stop the greedy touts!!!

As it's been out a while, why is it so rarely used?
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/getEdFrontImage.aspx?ImageID=417463

Going mobile to kick out Hogmanay touts

Tickets for Edinburgh's Hogmanay would be texted to the buyer's mobile phone under new plans to stamp out touts. An Edinburgh-based company has won contracts in 35 countries across the world for its innovative mobile ticketing technology, which texts a non-transferable barcode to mobile phones.

Now the city's festivals and events champion, Councillor Steve Cardownie, wants to see if the technology can help stamp out touts. Guns N' Roses' performance at London's Hammersmith Apollo in 2006 was the first rock concert in the UK to feature the mobile ticketing technology, created by Mobiqa, which is based in George Street, Edinburgh.

The technology has since been used at the O2 Wireless Festival, as well as at airlines, cinemas and train stations across the world. Cllr Cardownie said: "Anything that can help restrict parasitic ticket touts has to be considered because people are being ripped off by those who sell tickets to the highest bidder and prey on the loyalty of fans.

"New technology that can eradicate that has to be looked at closely. If it has worked well on the continent, we would certainly consider using it here." After the barcode is texted to the ticket buyer, he takes it on his mobile to the event. The mobile is then scanned to read the barcode. If the message is forwarded on, the ticket becomes invalid.

Cllr Cardownie said he was keen to meet with Mobiqa to discuss how it could help cut ticket touting at city events like the Winter Festivals. A number of the city's top events have been targeted by touts in the past. Tickets for last year's Tattoo, which sold out within six weeks of going on sale, were sold on eBay for vastly inflated prices.

Around 500 sets of tickets for last year's glamour World Cup showdown between Scotland and the All Blacks were touted for up to 200 per cent of face value.

Tickets to last year's Hogmanay appeared on eBay before the event had even sold out – with one seller misleadingly stating that street party passes were for the music concert headlined by Kasabian. Mobiqa, which has trialled its technology at Murrayfield Stadium's Party on the Pitch last year, has won contracts around the world, including the Washington Nationals Major League Baseball side and Thai airline Nok Air.

The firm held a workshop with business and tourism leaders from the Capital at the Edinburgh tourism action group conference at Murrayfield Stadium yesterday. Don Cameron of Mobiqa said: "Any live concerts would be of interest to us, whether large-scale events or one-off gigs."