ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!

renault clio
...The past few nights when i have either been leaving work or leaving home late at night when the car is cold ive noticed when i start the car up and drive a little way,when i get into second or third gear the car starts to slow down,becoming almost sluggish with a spluttering exhaust sound even with my foot down on the pedal...then it will pick up and be absoloutly fine...Its almost like something is restricting the engine for a few seconds and thats it? Then after I drive through it its completely fine!! Its only for a few seconds but its definiately there as its happened a few times now. Tonight it happened as I drove the car out of work and elft the engine running and went to lock the gates I just heard the car engine/exhaust start to splutter and it sounded as if it was going to stall? as soon as i got into the car and drove off its completetly normal,no problems!! plus it never happens during the day?..could it just be the cold weather? the induction kit? the exhaust?

Not a poxy Renault
mine does it when cold, for the first minute or so. I changed the exhaust centre section and its a bit better but I dont think its anything to worry about. Just crappy running when the engine is trying to warm up, 1*2's are renowned for it.

none :(
hey i have this exact same problem except it doesn't stop.
Sounds like its going to stall at the start
has exreme trouble hitting 50 (have to leave it in lower gears)
when it hits 60 it stops accelerating (unless in 4th or 3rd :\)
in 5th it won't accelerate at all and all the time while its accelerating its spluttering like crazy. guy in the garage said could be coil pack but its expensive to replace/

i'm not trying to steal your thread its just maybe mine is the same problem?

260% JCW
Mine does it first thing, its like the chokes been left out. Once shes warmed up alls fine though. Ive read some where that most clios do it, some thing to do with cold starting.