ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with fitting bucket seats please

i have ordered some bucket seats for my 182, i have been told that the bolts come with them to fit the seats to the frames.
I have been told also i should use the standard bolts from my old seats to fit the frames to the floor, however im sure i have read somewhere in the past they might not fit to do this?

If so and i need new bolts to fit the frames to the floor could someone please tell me which ones i will be needing.

many thanks. :)

M8 cap bolts are best for this, High tensile 12.9 , 40 - 50mm length. Then just use the original nuts. You will also need washers.

Check out ebay. Thats where I got mine

IIRC the studs on the seat rails are not M8 so you wont be reusing the standard nuts. I used nylocks and washers when I fitted mine ages ago.

IIRC the studs on the seat rails are not M8 so you wont be reusing the standard nuts. I used nylocks and washers when I fitted mine ages ago.

They are on the 172 cup, cause I have just used them. Maybe different on the none RS models.

Mine's a 182 ;) It was an age ago but for some reason I had it in my mind they were M6, I remember being surprised how small the studs were.

My trusty lil 182 :)
M8 nuts on my 182 :) As said some M8 cap bolts or hex bolts + washers off ebay and reuse the nuts if it's the same as mine. Bolts need to be 45mm long IIRC and fully threaded. I got this seller to set me up a one off listing of the bolts and washers i needed, cost about a fiver http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/boltmeup/

Ok so how many M8x45mm bolts and washers will i need?

Im going to get these ordered asap so i got them for when the seats arrive.

Also when the the seats are being fittted will there be any wires or pretensioners to worry about? I will using the orignal seatbelts. The car is a 05 182 Cup.

many thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
you'll need 8 bolts and washers to start with to fix the frames to floor, and possibly another 8 depends how your seats are mounted. if there side mounted get another 8 for defo.

IIRC the cup doesn't have airbags in the seats so will only be a plug for the pretentioners. Either way you'll need to disconnect them before removing the seats. I'd disconnect the battery about 20mins beforehand too personally.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Yeh basically...

Disconnect the battery and leave it 10-15mins.

Unplug the pretensioners from under the seats.

Undo the 4 bolts for each seat under the car.

Take the seat out.

Remove the vibration mounts if you want it sitting a little bit lower!

Remove the pre-tensioners from the seat (You will need either a rivet gun or a soldering iron for the drivers seat as they wire is trapped in the runners).

Fit the sidemounts/frames you bought to your new bucket seat.

Then the runners and pre-tensioner off your old seat if youre using them.

Put the new seat in and bolt it to the floor with the same 4 bolts.

Plug the pretensioner back in under the seat.

Sorted.

Last edited:
  H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
My recaro side mounts required 4 x M6 bolts and 4 x M8 to fit each each seat to the base mounts and I bought some self-locking nuts.

The original bolts were used from the Renault runners and the 4 that fit the seat to the floor pan.