ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a new Setup...

335i M SPORT!!!!
a lil history quick heres my previous setup

dscn4241mediumei1.jpg

I've changed a few things since then, but now my motherboard just went and killed itself..! : (

So its tiime to start again.

I need a system capable of running a least 5 screen... Any advice and suggestions would be greatlt apreciated...

Here my latest setup... NOTICE My Unusable Monitors...
: (

14052008903.gif

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
5 monitors? hmm tough one...and also...what a waste of time...just use 4 and be happy about it!

Question is..... are you really quick with computers, therefore needing 2 keyboards and 5 monitors, or do you just nick s**t from work and claim it's your own.... Also if the police come knocking you can say no they're all mine.....

335i M SPORT!!!!
Ideally I wanted 6 19's in a

[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]

Shape...

I think i may have solved my own problem...
Since I don't game graphics card performance isn't such a big deal,

So a motherboard with on board graphics plus a sli setup should give me 5 monitors...!? Depending on whether vista agree's

Ima bit stuffed when i DO decide go go for my 6 monitors but oh well...

335i M SPORT!!!!
Question is..... are you really quick with computers, therefore needing 2 keyboards and 5 monitors, or do you just nick s**t from work and claim it's your own.... Also if the police come knocking you can say no they're all mine.....

No i don't I steal from work, would be a bit dumb coz im self employed

335i M SPORT!!!!
Anyway, I gotta bunch of monitors, there here, i got them already

Just wanted to see if its technically and financially possible to link em all up....

Thats all...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The other, cheaper alternative is to get a mobo that has two PCI express slots (eg a nForce 4 SLI), and add a standard PCI video card. That would be 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 video ports.

From a thrid down this page: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000012.html

Is it not weird having big lines going down your "screen" where the monotor frames are?? Would it not make more sense to sell these and get a 24/32/42" monitor? Or a projector even?

335i M SPORT!!!!
The other, cheaper alternative is to get a mobo that has two PCI express slots (eg a nForce 4 SLI), and add a standard PCI video card. That would be 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 video ports.

From a thrid down this page: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000012.html

Is it not weird having big lines going down your "screen" where the monotor frames are?? Would it not make more sense to sell these and get a 24/32/42" monitor? Or a projector even?

Thnx for the help, I have bought a pci graphics card that use to work great in XP but vista has issue's with it and disable's it...

I Own a projector already thats connected to a seperate media center pc. its not really about size but resolution...

Maybe if i do a serious upgrade i'll get 2 Dell 24's or 30's

Just wernt looking to spend that £££ at the mo, seeing if i can work with what i got cheaply, anyway cheers for the input

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I run 2 monitors and looking for a third but need a second gpu for it so waiting. Do you have any real reason to be running more than what you can atm?

The dells are awesome, portraight mode is coders wet dream. :D

335i M SPORT!!!!
doesn't human rights state something about self incrimination....

The right to remain silent.... im using that one.....lol