ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP valver problem

Zafira and GSXR
My clio has been playing up the last couple of days and today it has gone really bad.

It has a lumpy idle and wont rev past 2500rpm, there is just no power at all.

All this troble started when I replaced the water pump and flushed the system through.

Today I replaced the water temp sender (square white plug one) but it has made no difference.

Even the RAC didnt know what was wrong dut recons it might be fueling problem.

Any one got any ideas

Thanks

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Have you moved an earth cable?? worth checking those..

whole HT system good? no water down the plugs?

dizzy cap in good nick??

cam timing ok?

Zafira and GSXR
didnt touch earths

plugs, dizzy and leads in good condition

as for the cam timing we never touched it and was fine before we swapped the pumps over.

Zafira and GSXR
Garage have said its the fuel pump.

Only reading just over 1 bar and they said it should be 2.5 so getting no where near

I'm assuming you replaced the fuel filter.

If this all went wrong after you replaced the water pump, I don't suppose your car overheated at any point did it?

Zafira and GSXR
fuel filter was new a couple of weeks ago.

Car never over heated before.

It has all started since I put that flush through.

Can any one tell me what these sensors do

cliosensor.gif

Zafira and GSXR
Just found out the top one is the gauge in the car so all thats left is to find out what that bottom one does ??

16v Phase 1
Hi Mate. Had a similar problem with my 16v; when the water sensor went a bit duff, it affected the ECU thinking it's either too hot or too cold..this in turn affected the fueling as the auto cold start cut in (although i assumes this was driven just off the air temp). If when fitting the new water pump, the system was not bled properly, there may be a air bubble in the sensor section, causing the mis-reading of the proper water temp; the car may think it's always hot or cold, to the mixture would be well stuffed..possibly causing the stutter and lumpy acceceletion. Undo the sensor and see it there's a air bubble. Just a thought... Scoop25.

Zafira and GSXR
Will check it later but the new sensor was fitted after the pump because that is what I thought it might be.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
was the two sensors the same colour when being changed??? ie black to white or vica versa or just like for like ie white for white???

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
why did you change the water pump?
was it just leaking a little? or did it boil up? i.e did the fukked light come on?

Zafira and GSXR
Found out from Renault that sensor bottom right is a Thermo Contact, what the hell does that do lol ???