ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Scrote attack!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
IMG_2744.jpg

While my Dad was getting his hair cut some tool dragged a key down the side of the car :( My Dad has traced the line with some blue tape so it's more visible in a photo. The cheapest quote is £340 to fix it but they said that the repair maybe visible (colour match). Not sure why as the car has had a replacement bonnet in the past and you wouldn't know!? The cars just had a bit spent on it ( rear discs (bearing shot) and rear dampers ) so the proper fix will have to wait for next years bonus.

So getting to the point can anyone suggest anything to cover it up for now that won't look utterly gash. I think it's getting my dad down seeing it hence him asking me for ideas. It's a real shame because the car is pretty tidy. Yes i know the wheels have a few marks on but thats not the same as a scratch that covers three panels and has gone down the primer so is annoyingly visible.

All ideas or suggestions welcome! Telling us to "get over it" is acceptable as that is the unfortunate final outcome if no one has anything worth pursuing.

Thanks.

2014 Clio 200t edc
B4st4rds!!! I hate people that mess with cars! Would someone with a da not be able to mask it even slightly? Or maybe some colour matched t-cut? With the 'chipstick'?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Found this on another site, might work?
Best thing you can do is fill it in properly, ie: not using a chipstick.

Proceedure is:

1) Buy the correct colour code of touch-up paint from whichever manufacturer your car is.

2) Clean out the affected chip using something strong like Fairy liquid solution or a small amount of isopropyl alcohol on a cottonbud. This will remove any grease that may be in the cavity and prevent the paint from adhering to the surface properly but let the area dry out completely before the next step.

3) Fill the hole in very carefully using a fine artists paintbrush or toothpick, so it's just proud of the level of the rest of the surface paint. This may take a little while between applications as gthe paint will shrink once dry so do it in several fine coats rather than one big blob.

4) Once it's completely dry, use a very fine cutting compound, something like Meguiar's Scratch-X should do the trick and combined with some elbow grease focus on rubbing down the newly touched-in area until it is the same level as the rest of the paint.

5) Let set for a few days, wax-up and enjoy....the car that is!
grin.gif

I know it's a little more involving but it's the closest you will get to the original factory finish without forking-out for a complete respray of the affected area.

Last edited:
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Thanks i will pass the info on :cool:

Another idea my dad had was to look for some sort of sticker to cover it but i can't think of anything that wouldn't look gash. Any ideas on that front would also be welcome.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
with a key mark thats cut through the paint down to the primer you wont be able to repair it fully, as decribed above it will be damage limitation to the eyes-

Its a bodyshop job to spray & blend.. :(

Im not a 100% expert but thats the door with paint into the rear quarter & tapered in- same as the wing- the price seems about right for that...

S

Respray only! the above ideas won't work.and if the spray shop say there will be a colour match problem afterwards then they are not a good body shop imo!

I had the same last year but the boot was done also. they resprayed the door ,rear quarter,boot and blew it in to the front wing and tbh i can't tell its been done and i am very finicky!!

£400 i payed which i thought was a fair price.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Warwickstingray, pm me.

I am in bristol and have 3 very good (and competitive) bodyshops that I use regularly.

Clio 1.2 RN 1999
OMFG if anyone did that to my car I think id reverse extremely slowly over there head absolute B45T4RD5 i feel for the car. plus yer don't put any stickers on, there isn't a sticker big enough that will look good for that kind of scratch, I really don't understand why people are such nod heads really