ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEASE!! CAR FINE

help! Can anyone help me concerning SORN cars and clamping fee's?

I bought my Clio and declared it as SORN. It's parked on a private driveway.

I had to move the car to get another car out of the drive and my clio got clamped, I paid the unclamping fee of £260 and the car was put back on drive, A month later i received a out of court settlement from DVLA of £74.

can anyone help? Do i pay? Will i get further fee's? My cars still listed at SORN, don't understand.

Please help.

172 ph1
You need to pay it. This happened to me. I though i was safe in a private car park, however i was wrong. I got the fine then an out of court settlement. If you dont pay i think they can crush your car and give you a hefty fine,

Thanks for the reply George182. I have no problem of paying the £74 settlement. My worry is, will they put further fee's on or will that be the end of the matter once i pay?

Will that be the end of the matter Badlacie? DVLA cannot be trusted. I've paid via direct debit and sent in an statement. Hopefully that will be the end.

You need to pay it. This happened to me. I though i was safe in a private car park, however i was wrong. I got the fine then an out of court settlement. If you dont pay i think they can crush your car and give you a hefty fine,

When you say you got a fine and THEN got an out of court settlement? Do you mean you got your car clamped and then received an fine from DVLA?

172 ph1
No i never got clamped. I got a ticket on the windscreen with a fine, then a settlement from the DVLA